Text Resume Format ... for upload

SocomSocom Member Posts: 48 ■■■□□□□□□□
Does anyone know of a format that works well with all the "upload your resume to fill out this application" systems?

Thanks

Comments

• lsud00dlsud00d Member Posts: 1,571
    From what I've seen they normally specify if they want .txt, .rtf, .doc, .docx, .pdf, etc.

To answer your question, I typically upload a .pdf unless otherwise specified.
  • BradleyHUBradleyHU Member Posts: 918 ■■■■□□□□□□
    lsud00d wrote: »
    From what I've seen they normally specify if they want .txt, .rtf, .doc, .docx, .pdf, etc.

To answer your question, I typically upload a .pdf unless otherwise specified.

actually, they're probably looking for .doc/x, txt, or rtf, especially if its gonna extract & fill the online application....
    Link Me
    Graduate of the REAL HU & #1 HBCU...HAMPTON UNIVERSITY!!! #shoutout to c/o 2004
    WIP: 70-410(TBD) | ITIL v3 Foundation(TBD)
  • SocomSocom Member Posts: 48 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Sorry should have clarified, I meant which format/structure works best for those extract & fill systems.
  • techfiendtechfiend Member Posts: 1,481 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I've had about the same luck with doc, txt and pdf for fill ins. In my experience the site's system either works well or not.

When sending a resume, I use pdf, doc has a lot of potential format issues and txt has potential EOL issues, unsure about any rtf issues.
    2018 AWS Solutions Architect - Associate (Apr) 2017 VCAP6-DCV Deploy (Oct) 2016 Storage+ (Jan)
    2015 Start WGU (Feb) Net+ (Feb) Sec+ (Mar) Project+ (Apr) Other WGU (Jun) CCENT (Jul) CCNA (Aug) CCNA Security (Aug) MCP 2012 (Sep) MCSA 2012 (Oct) Linux+ (Nov) Capstone/BS (Nov) VCP6-DCV (Dec) ITILF (Dec)