Options

Am I the only one who can't register on Pearson?

WizardoWizardo Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi everyone!
I registered at Pearson about a month ago, but I didn't buy a voucher then. Now that I try to login, it doesn't take me too far; it shows:
Alert!This application has encountered an unexpected problem. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please close your browser and start over.

I've been trying to login for a week now. I chatted with their tech support and the guy said it works from his end, and that I should register via phone. I still want to be able to access my account online.
Is this normal with Pearson? Is it possible that their website has been down for more than a week?

Comments

• Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Obligatory question: have you done basic troubleshooting in the form of cache flushing, tried different browsers, different machines, etc?
  • Options
    OfWolfAndManOfWolfAndMan Member Posts: 923 ■■■■□□□□□□
    My account has had this issue for over a year now. They said resetting your account password might fix it, so call them and try that. If not, they don't seem to know how to fix it. I've had to schedule my tests over the phone ever since. This occurred after I had to make a second account and get it merged into one.
    :study:Reading: Lab Books, Ansible Documentation, Python Cookbook 2018 Goals: More Ansible/Python work for Automation, IPSpace Automation Course [X], Build Jenkins Framework for Network Automation []
  • Options
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    Obligatory question: have you done basic troubleshooting in the form of cache flushing, tried different browsers, different machines, etc?

Everything except different machines. Should I be that extreme?

It's surprising that an organization that is affiliated with CompTIA doesn't care about its users who pay for their service.
  • Options
    5502george5502george Member Posts: 264
    You can try a couple of things before you blame it on them. It sounds like a browser issue. Try different SSL/TLS settings (Security section in advanced settings), Try messing with certificate revocation checking/valitidy checking/cert mismatch (Sec Settings), Try clearing SSL state after each of these tasks.
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Wizardo wrote: »
    Everything except different machines. Should I be that extreme?

It's surprising that an organization that is affiliated with CompTIA doesn't care about its users who pay for their service.

icon_scratch.gif

Why are you so certain this is a customer service issue? Becoming a tech (help desk or otherwise) one will be required to troubleshoot as part of their day. Prometric can very easily spin this back and ask if you explored all your possible issues...starting with 'is the power on'. (a tad sarcastic, but I sense you catch the drift here).

Trying to log in from separate devices is hardly extreme. Rebuilding a machine with a fresh install of the OS would be extreme. And the proctoring center is not 'affiliated' with CompTIA they are very likely proctoring exams from dozens of different vendors, and many exams they proctor will not be IT related.

1. Go back and clear your cache and/or try a different browser
    2. Try a pw reset
    3. Try a new device
    4. Call the center again, perhaps they can assist or you simply need to setup a new account.
    a. My guess, by the time you need to call them, they have some viable options.
    b. relax, this stuff happens, not all the time, but it happens.

Good luck!
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    Thanks for your help everyone. I reset the password and now I'm able to login.
    I'm curious why this happened, though . I've never had such an issue of being unable to login due to a correct password.