Options

Can you take notes when you get to testing center for SYO-301?

reubs6reubs6 Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
When I arrive for my exam in a couple weeks, I want to be able to take notes when I get there to remember some things/take notes as I do the test. Is that allowed?

Thanks.
Plans for 2017
PMP-September

Comments

• Options
    Cisco InfernoCisco Inferno Member Posts: 1,034 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Yes, you can. Alot of people who take certs do this. You are sat down with a laminate/whiteboard sheet and given markers.

You can then jot down important things to reference before taking the exam. (before hitting begin)

For my CCENT, I laid down charts I had memorized and referenced them within seconds instead of spending too hard thinking during the test.

Good Luck!
    2019 Goals
    CompTIA Linux+
    [ ] Bachelor's Degree
  • Options
    reubs6reubs6 Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Awesome, thanks. I am taking the test November 15 and am getting a little antsy. I want to make sure I cover all my bases. I have been watching some Prof. Messer videos and am on Ch.10 of Darill Gibson's book. I also just bought his app as well, since I had free $10 in Amazon credits (good for a quick and efficient way to quiz urself, but they're the same questions from the book). Like others have said, I get 90% and above every time I do one of his quizzes regardless of the subject matter, even on some of the ones I haven't reached in the book yet. But when I take other practice tests, even on the sample questions from the CompTIA site, I get anything from like a 60% and up. A lot of the time the questions are worded kinda funny. I get worried about taking the test too early.
    Plans for 2017
    PMP-September
  • Options
    BubbyBubby Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I took it today and the rules made it sound like you couldn't write on the laminate thing until the test began. I don't know if that is when you sit down on the computer or when you hit begin.
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    reubs6 wrote: »
    When I arrive for my exam in a couple weeks, I want to be able to take notes when I get there to remember some things/take notes as I do the test. Is that allowed?

Thanks.

"Taking notes" I think you may have miss-spoken here in that you want to say, are you permitted to use the test center boards/paper to jot down your 'quick' notes from memory. Taking notes implies one is actively writing down new info. In any case, the center should give you a whiteboard, or blank papers to jot, calculate, or mark upon whatever you wish during your exam time.

Simply call ahead to your local test center to clarify anything you need though, best to know what "YOUR" center considers appropriate to be safe.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?