Options

Switch OCG

bharvey92bharvey92 Member Posts: 419
Hi Guys,

Looking for some advice, I've not looked at the OCG at all for my Switch studies but did use it for my Route stuides. How would you all rate the Switch OCG for the exam and would you recommend using this at all?

So far I have worked through Bryant Switch book and the CCNP Switch Simplified. Would this be enough or does the OCG cover topics these two dont?
2018 Goal: CCIE Written [ ]

Comments

• Options
    theodoxatheodoxa Member Posts: 1,340 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I haven't taken the exam yet, but I liked the SWITCH OCG. For some reason, a lot of folks seem to prefer the SWITCH FLG. I haven't read the SWITCH FLG, but really didn't like the ROUTE FLG - The chapters were too long and a lot of material was repeated at twice (EIGRP and OSPF). They would have benefited from consolidating the stuff that is the same for EIGRP and OSPF into a chapter of its own or simply glossing it with a "it's the same as EIGRP" in the OSPF chapter, so I don't have to waste my time rereading the same thing for each protocol.
    R&S: CCENT CCNA CCNP CCIE [ ]
    Security: CCNA [ ]
    Virtualization: VCA-DCV [ ]
  • Options
    joetestjoetest Member Posts: 99 ■■□□□□□□□□
    assuming you understood both of those books and can remember it you should be set theorywise yes.
  • Options
    mistabrumley89mistabrumley89 Member Posts: 356 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I didn't like the FLG or OCG too particularly. Simplified series was pretty good
    Goals: WGU BS: IT-Sec (DONE) | CCIE Written: In Progress
    LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/charlesbrumley
  • Options
    fredrikjjfredrikjj Member Posts: 879
    Read and configure the 3560 configuration guide if you want more material. Another textbook is kind of pointless since you already should have notes from the other two.
  • Options
    xnxxnx Member Posts: 464 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The above is very useful advice, Cisco produce fantastic documentation for their products.
    Getting There ...

Lab Equipment: Using Cisco CSRs and 4 Switches currently