Options

Taking CCNA This Weekend

markulousmarkulous Member Posts: 2,394 ■■■■■■■■□□
I got a lot of help from this forum and I've been of course running Packet Tracer and using Odom's book, so I'm ready to take this. I think I should pass. I have a good idea what to expect. I am a little nervous about the simulations though. I've setup EIGRP, OSPF, vlans, HSRP, etc. in Packet Tracer so as long as there isn't anything too crazy, hopefully I'm ok.

Edit: Passed

Comments

• Options
    Justin-Justin- Member Posts: 300
    Best of luck! Hoping to see a pass thread from you soon!
  • Options
    Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • Options
    10Linefigure10Linefigure Member Posts: 368 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good Luck!!
    CCNP R&S, Security+
    B.S. Geography - Business Minor
    MicroMasters - CyberSecurity
    Professional Certificate - IT Project Management
  • Options
    joelsfoodjoelsfood Member Posts: 1,027 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Good luck!

First time I got my CCNA all Iused was Odom's book and a stack of equipment. Every time he had sample code, new technologies, etc, I'd read it, then do it. Worked for me, passed first try.
  • Options
    --chris----chris-- Member Posts: 1,518 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Good luck!

Ive been reading this at night on my iPad:

CCNA Routing & Switching Lab Workbook | Free CCNA Workbook

It has great real world scenarios and examples that have helped me cement in the concepts behind some of the more obscure CCNA topics. Might be worth a quick skim if you know there are certain areas that you are lacking in.
  • Options
    Thanks! I'll post back in here with my results.
  • Options
    jayskatajayskata Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good luck mate!
  • Options
    bharvey92bharvey92 Member Posts: 419
    Good luck mate, not sure on the specifics of the new CCNA. But you might want to brush up on your RIPv2 (if that is still tested!) and VTP!
    2018 Goal: CCIE Written [ ]
  • Options
    FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Options
    auxiliarypriestauxiliarypriest Member Posts: 59 ■■■□□□□□□□
    What trip me up was Switching because the most of the study material focused on Routing and WAN technologies. It is covered very briefly in the Odom books so I encourage you revisit the main points of RSTP and VLANs because it will be tested. Good luck and we'll see you on your Pass thread. icon_thumright.gif
    2020 Goals: [x ] C|HFI [x] CySA+ [x ] MSCSIA
    Connect with me on Linkedin, just say you're from TechExams
  • Options
    pierrevillerespierrevilleres Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Goodluck man! After you pass CCNA you can use GNS3 if you plan to take on CCNP too. GNS3 allows for more advanced configuration and uses Cisco IOS image files to run a simulated networking environment.
  • Options
    Passed!

886. Not the best score in the world but glad to be passed this. Auxiliarypriest was right about the Switching. RSTP was what threw me for the biggest loop and I got a 64% in the switching area of the test. Ip Routing, WAN, and IP Technologies though I absolutely crushed it.
  • Options
    psheehan5psheehan5 Member Posts: 80 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Way to be! I've been slacking with my certs. I need to pick up my game. Hard to finish my college courses and do my CCENT at the same time but I can make it. Were your sims overall fair game? How about your CCENT sims? I'm taking my CCENT on 11/14/2014 and I really don't want to fail.
  • Options
    --chris----chris-- Member Posts: 1,518 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Way to be! I've been slacking with my certs. I need to pick up my game. Hard to finish my college courses and do my CCENT at the same time but I can make it. Were your sims overall fair game? How about your CCENT sims? I'm taking my CCENT on 11/14/2014 and I really don't want to fail.

What book are you using for reference? Its been said a lot here, but know what show commands produce X result. Also understanding IP routing logic is vital for CCENT success. If you can apply IP routing logic with the right show commands, you are all set.
  • Options
    mikeybinecmikeybinec Member Posts: 484 ■■■□□□□□□□
    markulous wrote: »
    Passed!

886. Not the best score in the world but glad to be passed this. Auxiliarypriest was right about the Switching. RSTP was what threw me for the biggest loop and I got a 64% in the switching area of the test. Ip Routing, WAN, and IP Technologies though I absolutely crushed it.

I was wondering what more can be tested in RSTP? The hellos have a different time and there are less states than stp/pvst. What else could be asked?
    Cisco NetAcad Cuyamaca College
    A.S. LAN Management 2010 Grossmont College
    B.S. I.T. Management 2013 National University
  • Options
    gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    A pass is a pass. Well done.
  • Options

The sims were a little challenging. As I mentioned earlier the RSTP and STP questions altogether were what brought down my score I'm sure.

For CCENT, they weren't too challenging. If you know your show commands and are familiar with all of the concepts, you should do okay. That being said, I did fail ICDN1 the first time.
  • Options
    DoyenDoyen Member Posts: 397 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on the passicon_thumright.gif
    Goals for 2016: [] VCP 5.5: ICM (recertifying) , [ ] VMware VCA-NV, [ ] 640-911 DCICN, [ ] 640-916 DCICT, [ ] CCNA: Data Center, [ ] CISSP (Associate), [ ] 300-101 ROUTE, [ ] 300-115 SWITCH, [ ] 300-135 TSHOOT, [ ] CCNP: Route & Switch, [ ] CEHv8, [ ] LX0-103, [ ] LX0-104
    Future Goals: WGU MSISA or Capital Technology Univerisity MSCIS Degree Program
    Click here to connect with me on LinkedIn! Just mention your are from Techexams.net.