Options

Few CCNA Questions for clarifications

jayskatajayskata Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi All,

I'm taking ICND2 this coming Nov.11 (wish me luck). I do have a few questions to better understand some topics covered in the exam and I would really appreciated if some of you guys could simplify it for me.

1. What does clock rate command do?
2. DS1/T1 has 24 DS0s w/c equals to 1 channel w/c equals to 1voice/data line. Does it mean that if I have DS1/T1, I will be able to receive 24 incoming calls and/or 24 outgoing calls simultaneously?

Hope someone can elaborate that to me in a simplified term. Much appreciated guys.:D

Comments

• Options
    SWtacomaSWtacoma Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The clock rate command controls the timing for serial connections. This simulates the timing that the ISP would set on the line. This command is usually only utilized in a lab scenario to replicate WAN connections. As for your second question I am not sure.
  • Options
    Magic JohnsonMagic Johnson Member Posts: 414
    Remember a call is two way.
  • Options
    davenulldavenull Member Posts: 173 ■■■□□□□□□□
    jayskata wrote: »
    Hi All,

2. DS1/T1 has 24 DS0s w/c equals to 1 channel w/c equals to 1voice/data line. Does it mean that if I have DS1/T1, I will be able to receive 24 incoming calls and/or 24 outgoing calls simultaneously?

It depends on the codec used. For G.711 it's 64kbps, but it's only 8 kbps for G.729a (plus overhead). It's outside of ICND2 scope I believe.