Options

Pasted CCENT

the_lost_scotsmanthe_lost_scotsman Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
I just passed CCENT woohooooooo!!!! I would like to thank you all for pointing me in the right direction on how to start and were to study :D. For anyone starting out like everyone here says hit up CBT with Jeremy it is a excellent starting point. That including Odem book (I know.... its big and boring but has to be done) got me through the exam.

Only thing I would like to point out for me was OSPF wasn't explained to well in the book or CBT IMO. Fortunatly I had a few CCNP friends willing to explain enough to me :D. If I asked them to explain everything they might have scared me away haha. Any best of luck in your exam, I am off to study for my CCNA.

Comments

• Options
    Alex90Alex90 Member Posts: 289
    Congrats mate!
  • Options
    FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Options
    bharvey92bharvey92 Member Posts: 419
    Congrats bud!
    2018 Goal: CCIE Written [ ]
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!!

Good luck on the CCNA ;)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    Lexcorp6Lexcorp6 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    10Linefigure10Linefigure Member Posts: 368 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Thats great!
    CCNP R&S, Security+
    B.S. Geography - Business Minor
    MicroMasters - CyberSecurity
    Professional Certificate - IT Project Management
  • Options
    Tylerr20Tylerr20 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!!! Im going for my CENT soon! what CBT nuggets did u look at and what book?

Any helps appreciated thanks!
  • Options
    markulousmarkulous Member Posts: 2,394 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats. I know that's a good feeling when you get that first Cisco cert.
  • Options
    joelsfoodjoelsfood Member Posts: 1,027 ■■■■■■□□□□
  • Options
    Ryuksapple84Ryuksapple84 Member Posts: 183
    Congrats
    Eating humble pie.
  • Options
    Hi Guys,

Thanks for the congratulations and I apologizes for my terrible typing I was so excited when I was passed (Pasted haha). To Tylerr20 I used CBT ICND1 with Jeremy Cioara Cisco CCENT/CCNA ICND1 100-101 Video Training Online | CBT Nuggets and the book I used was Wendell Odom available here CCENT/CCNA ICND1 100-101 Official Cert Guide: 9781587143854: Computer Science Books @ Amazon.com.

If you can't afford CBT there are ways and means which I won't posted but I cannot recommend highly enough getting the book you just can't beat the fell of a real book and besides it looks great on the shelf when people come over and see it. I spend about 4 hours a day for a month studying but I am currently doing BSc hons in Networks so I have a solid background, you might need a little bit longer but everyone different. All the best Tylerr20 and keep us up to date when you pass :). As for me I have to go finish 4 assignments (no rest for the wicked)
  • Options
    markulous wrote: »
    Congrats. I know that's a good feeling when you get that first Cisco cert.

The jelly legs when you get up and walk out the room stuttering haha can't beat it. It has me hooked
  • Options
    jayskatajayskata Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Taking my CCENT on 11/14. Can you share your overall exam experience (no breaking NDA)?