Options

% Invalid Input detected at '^' marker

dolphin_m70dolphin_m70 Member Posts: 47 ■■□□□□□□□□
hello guys
i have been trying to make a router frame relay switch using 3 2501 routers but when i try to configure the frame relay switch (router ) for DLCI then i get this error.the 2501 router has two serial ports 0 and 1
which is connected to the other routers using a dce/dte cable (back t0 back cable)

this is an example config for serial 0 which i did

router(config)#interface serial 0
router(config-if)#encap frame-relay
router(config-if)#clk rate 64000
router(config-if)#frame-relay lmi-type ansi
router(config-if)#frame-relay intf type dce
router(config-if)#frame-relay route 304 interface s1 403
% Invalid Input detected at '^' marker

this is where i get the error message at 304 and the marker is at 304
cud anyone pls help me with this

im using a Boson netsim
after trying this on the sim i want to do this on real router in my home lab

or is there any way i can configure the dlci seperately and also the picture of the router setup is in this page

http://www.ciscopress.com/articles/article.asp?p=170741&seqNum=7

thx in adv

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    masadull wrote:
    Hey, having a real FRUSTRATING problem with the frame-relay lab here. I setup the diagram using Boson Netmap, loaded the map in the simulation. Everything works fine, until I have to use the frame-relay route command. It doesnt recognize the command, even thoough when I do the "?" the command is there, can someone tell me if they tried this and whether they are having the same problem? is it a bug with Boson and that command?
    masadull wrote:
    Nevermind....just checked it out...Boson Sim does not support the "frame-relay route" command.

So it looks like you'll have to switch to your real routers in your homelab.
  • Options
    dolphin_m70dolphin_m70 Member Posts: 47 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    GogousaGogousa Member Posts: 68 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I think Boson does suport Frame Relay, at least on version 5.25. You can build your own network or load a Lab.