Options

Contract vs Fulltime? Healthcare Question

newjacknewjack Member Posts: 106 ■■■□□□□□□□
I have been looking for a new job for awhile, I wouldn't say activly, but just to see what is out there. I have been called for a lot of opportunities for contracts and not much for full time opportunities.

I am young and single, but what I do see the doctor quite regular for a predisposed condition that I have. If I were to take a contract position, how do you guys on here handle the no health insurance deal... That need the health insurance for medication. I think my medicine costs about 1.8k for a 3 month supply! It's crazy, in Europe I can pick it up for 5 bucks.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    IT-FellaIT-Fella Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Just get a private health insurance from something like BCBS for $200-300 a month - it'll cover all you medication needs and chances are it will be even less expensive than insurance offered at your job.
  • Options
    techfiendtechfiend Member Posts: 1,481 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Are you currently working, if so do you collect benefits? Depending on your salary and state healthcare.org can be affordable.

I might be facing the same situation soon due to a potential issue that's been operated on already, the unemployed insurance covered it last time and the bill was more than a year's salary. Further action would require prescriptions that appear to be really cheap for the rest of my life. It probably wouldn't require more than 1 or 2 days off from work around a weekend. I have decided healthcare.org is affordable enough for me that working a job without benefits is doable but I'm also in a state that has some of the cheapest insurance.
    2018 AWS Solutions Architect - Associate (Apr) 2017 VCAP6-DCV Deploy (Oct) 2016 Storage+ (Jan)
    2015 Start WGU (Feb) Net+ (Feb) Sec+ (Mar) Project+ (Apr) Other WGU (Jun) CCENT (Jul) CCNA (Aug) CCNA Security (Aug) MCP 2012 (Sep) MCSA 2012 (Oct) Linux+ (Nov) Capstone/BS (Nov) VCP6-DCV (Dec) ITILF (Dec)