Options

Network Issue

tstrip007tstrip007 Member Posts: 308 ■■■■□□□□□□
I am not an networking expert by any means and I am having an issue thats seems to be zeroed in on hosts on a particular vlan. About every hour they will lose network connection. I am using dell 6248 switches stacked. When I flush the arp cache or remove all dynamic entries it comes back for them temporarily. Ive done a port mirroring sesh on a port that belongs to one of the pc's that continues to have the issue but dont know what to look for. Any advice? Ty in advance.

Edit: Ive done AV and malware scans on all pc's. All good there.

Comments

• Options
    lsud00dlsud00d Member Posts: 1,571
    I'm not sure on the network side of things but are the PC's getting info via DHCP?

Since you have mirroring enabled, sniff on UDP 67 & 68 to watch the communications between client and server.

Is DHCP relay properly configured on the Dell switch (if client/server are different subnets)?

What is being used for DHCP? What are the lease settings?
  • Options
    it_consultantit_consultant Member Posts: 1,903
    Can we get a running config of the dell stack? You can edit out IP's and passwords.
  • Options
    tstrip007tstrip007 Member Posts: 308 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thanks for the responses. Things have settled but it's because I have slowly moved these 9 users off the vlan one by one. We have an 03 domain controller where DHCP is setup. We have the hosts setup on this subnet for a one day lease. I did notice with one user that they kept getting an ip conflict message and when I rebooted or reenabled the nic, a new ip would not assign. Ended up throwing a static on it. Working on the running config it_consultant. Thanks
  • Options
    it_consultantit_consultant Member Posts: 1,903
    Sounds like you need to configure the DHCP helper address in the Dell stack for that VLAN.
  • Options
    pumpkin12345678pumpkin12345678 Banned Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    lsud00d wow you spotted a resolution straight away