Options

Too much info?

reubs6reubs6 Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
I asked a pretty generic question through the chat on Professor Messer's site about the range of questions some have seen on the exam, and I got blasted with people saying I was asking bad questions and I was asking questions that were against the rules, CompTIA's rules, etc. What I asked was nowhere near as specific as some of the things we discuss on this forum, and things that are too specific to the exam are always removed here. What I asked was a really generic questions, and they said I could be at risk for losing my certs. Are we discussing things that are too specific to the exam? I didn't read all the fine print regarding taking the exam on CompTIA's site, but it kinda sucked getting barked at for asking a simple question. Not that I'm sad lol, but I want to be careful I don't discuss something that I shouldn't regardless of where I am that could get me in trouble.

Thanks.
Plans for 2017
PMP-September

Comments

• Options
    Disgruntled3lfDisgruntled3lf Member Posts: 77 ■■■□□□□□□□
    What did you ask?
  • Options
    I said "I read in Darril Gibsons book that the test is 100 questions but I've heard of people getting as little as in the 60's or as many as in the 90's, some with a lot of sims and some with only a couple". I emphasized that I was not asking or know specific info about the test. A few of them jumped on me pretty hard lol, saying that I was asking things against the NDA and even saying that my InfoSec Institute study guide was violating the NDA because the sim questions were "too" close the the exam.
    Plans for 2017
    PMP-September
  • Options
    stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    First, good luck on the 15th. Second, the question you asked is very generic and non-NDA violating. Several resources I've used, even ones that have the CompTIA seal on them, mention that the tests vary in numbers of questions given. It is meant to be random enough so as to discourage cheating.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • Options
    Thanks Stryder, that's what I was thinking but they got on me like I copied and pasted actual questions into the chat or something. I guess I'm moreso ensuring that I don't say or ask something to anyone that I shouldn't.
    Plans for 2017
    PMP-September
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Agree. Sounds like those guys are overly sensitive there.