Options

Would you do this?

DumbAsEverDumbAsEver Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello all,

This is a very general 'What do you think question' as I was talking to one of my senior techs yesterday. I'd like to know if you think this would be a good path to go down. I am studying for A+ currently. Once I pass that, I would like to do the trio (A+, N+, S+), BUT I will be working with servers, mainly in a Windows environment. Do you think getting the Configuring Windows 8 cert, and then going with Microsoft with servers? (MSCA, pro) and then certs with AD, Exchange, and Virtualization? would be a good path? Ultimately I want a role as a sys admin (jr will be ok) as i get experience. Just scared if I go down this path Ill be less motivated to get a cert that I want to get above all certs and that CCNA R&S. Theres something about that field that highly intrigues me. Its like a fork in the road..

How did you guys choose your path?

Comments

• Options
    aftereffectoraftereffector Member Posts: 525 ■■■■□□□□□□
    CCNA will help you as a sysadmin, but not as much as MCSA will. I would recommend working towards MCSA as a priority and studying for ICND1 when you want a break (and with some of the MCSA exams, you probably will want a break!).
    CCIE Security - this one might take a while...