Microsoft 98-349 Jobs

PlayMaker88PlayMaker88 Member Posts: 35 ■■■□□□□□□□
What kind of jobs are available for this certification? New to IT "0" experience really would like to start at helpdesk so I can get my foot in the door and LEARN !

Comments

• ssnyderu2ssnyderu2 Member Posts: 475 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I may be wrong, but I cant see this cert as being good enough even for Help Desk. It is just way to basic and it is not well known. I had to take it as part of my degree program, otherwise I would not have bothered. They cost more, but the CompTIA A+, Network+ and Security+ certs are a better place to start. They will give you all the basics and hiring managers are very familiar with them. Most take them in the order I just listed.
    2019 Goals: 70-698, CCENT, MCSA 2016
    Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, CIW Foundations and MTA OS Fundamentals
    Cisco Lab :3x Cisco 2811 Routers, 3x Cisco 3750 Switches and Cisco 2620 Router with NM-32A module
    Windows Lab: Dual CPU Hyper-V server with 12 Cores/24 Threads, 96GB RAM and 2TB HDD.
    CANCER SURVIVOR! In Remission Since September 2016!
  • PlayMaker88PlayMaker88 Member Posts: 35 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • tpasmalltpasmall Member Posts: 52 ■■□□□□□□□□
    While this cert in itself really is nothing special, it does make you an MCP, so advertise that on your resume and career profile. Honestly, while you may not be able to get in at helpdesk level, reach out to some temp agencies and recruiters, they might be able to give you the random computer installs and other small jobs that will help get your foot in the door somewhere. Be proud of your accomplishment, start studying for your next cert (honestly, the 98-365 would give you a basic understanding of AD and helpdesk level functions, and its much cheaper than the CompTIA exams) and keep asking questions. Congrats!
  • adikeshavadikeshav Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    MTA does add some value to resume if you are a beginner.. Period.

But hey! dont stop with MTA.. It is the foundation. But a solid one. Start your IT career with MTA!

CHEERS,

P.S writing 2 MTA exams this summer!
    I had a dream i was king .Woke up , Still kind:cheers: