Took the 685 today

$chrutebuck$chrutebuck Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
Got back from the testing center a little bit ago. I thought I may have done well enough for a passing score but ended up with a 529. Earlier this week I took the 3-day recommended training course and I used the practice exam from MeasureUp.

I passed the 680 last week and I've got to say I think this one is quite a bit tougher. I'm going to take a study break over the weekend and then start back up Monday. Planning to retake it sometime next week.

Comments

• 10Linefigure10Linefigure Member Posts: 368 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Dont worry $chrute, you will nail it next time! Have you purchased an exam book to read? Also you can try videos see if thats your style. Good luck!
    CCNP R&S, Security+
    B.S. Geography - Business Minor
    MicroMasters - CyberSecurity
    Professional Certificate - IT Project Management
  • $chrutebuck$chrutebuck Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks.

I looked into buying a book but from the reviews I read I wasn't able to find one that sounded like it would be of much help. If you have any recommendations I'm all ears. I read Don Poulton's book and watched videos to study for the 680 and felt it helped quite a bit because while watching I'd also take notes.

I've heard several people recommend the videos from CBT Nuggets so I might look into those further.
    You could try this book: http://www.amazon.com/Windows-Desktop-Support-Administration-Certification/dp/0470597097/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1415982677&sr=8-1&keywords=sybex+70-685 it's the one I am starting 1 Dec. That coupled with CBT Nuggets and some practice exams like the MeasureUp ones you did, or Transcender, plus some labbing at home and you should be set.
    CCNP R&S, Security+
  • $chrutebuck$chrutebuck Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Passed the 685 today on my second try. CBTNuggets offered a free 7-day trial so I watched almost all of their 70-685 videos. I highly recommend them for anybody taking this test. The guy in the videos uses real world examples, demos and he writes a lot on the slides while he's talking about a subject.

On to the 70-346 and 70-347.
    Congrats $chrute thats great! Well done icon_cheers.gif
    CCNP R&S, Security+
  • dcgjdcgj Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Well done!