Options

What is your favorite thing to do at work or work related?

stylezunknownstylezunknown Member Posts: 46 ■■■□□□□□□□
I sorta just started working in the IT industry at a MSP. While a newb still, I have touched a ton of different technologies. Honestly I enjoy everything about my job except icon_redface.gif meetings. I would like to hear what you enjoy doing most at work. For me, its configuring cisco asa firewalls and troubleshooting them.

Comments

• Options
    IIIMasterIIIMaster Member Posts: 238 ■■■□□□□□□□
    For me its setting around doing nothing until noon. Most of my work takes place my last 5 hours of work. I can tell you what I hate the most. Telling a company they have lost everything, all their data so pull from a back up. Then half the time their IT are hacks and have nothing. You guys will be amaze at the quality of the admins out there.
  • Options
    IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    Hmmm... something work-related: I enjoy studying and labbing a lot. Anything to help learn something new or sharpen my skills.

As far as something at work I like doing, I actually really like pitching designs and solutions. Even down to the stuff most people find tedious like creating powerpoints and Visios. I wouldn't say I'm the best at it by any means but I'm getting better and better.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Building solutions for the non technical analyst to help them do their job and delivering on high profile projects. The recognition is great and the bonuses usually.
  • Options
    olaHaloolaHalo Member Posts: 748 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I enjoy the thanks and pats on the back I get when solving major problems
    JK that never happens

I like installing new hardware/devices the most
  • Options
    VeritiesVerities Member Posts: 1,162
    I enjoy resolving complex issues, especially when the vendors can't. We maintain a huge network and see issues you'll never see in 5 years at a small shop, so its pretty cool when you provide solutions to Microsoft or VMware because their support and/or engineers can't figure it out.
  • Options
    mataimatai Member Posts: 232 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I like making things better than they were, whether it's a system, document, process, policy, whatever. There's always room for improvement.
    Current: CISM, CISA, CISSP, SSCP, GCIH, GCWN, C|EH, VCP5-DCV, VCP5-DT, CCNA Sec, CCNA R&S, CCENT, NPP, CASP, CSA+, Security+, Linux+, Network+, Project+, A+, ITIL v3 F, MCSA Server 2012 (70-410, 70-411, 74-409), 98-349, 98-361, 1D0-610, 1D0-541, 1D0-520
    In Progress: ​Not sure...
  • Options
    lsud00dlsud00d Member Posts: 1,571
    As far as specific tasks, I really enjoy scripting. I feel like scripting allows me to be my most creative and I really enjoy doing it across platforms. That said I'm trying to move beyond the shell and get into languages like python and ruby.
  • Options
    cwshellhamercwshellhamer Member Posts: 90 ■■□□□□□□□□
    you sir are a glutton for punishment lol ive only worked with Cisco ASA's a handful of times but holy crap getting those things to work from scratch when your write ups are 3+ years old lol

learning how to program all of the company's new(er) equipment and me jamming out on Pandora when the phones aren't ringing lol
    HAVE: A+
    Working on: N+, CCENT
    Associates Degree: Lincoln Technical Institute ( DO NOT GO!)
    Bachelors degree in progress: Computer Information Systems and Cyber security - Strayer University
  • Options
    gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Solving issues that have been with "other teams" all day long and coming up with a solution within an hour of looking at it.

I love doing that to people - and I've done it a quite few times.
  • Options
    kohr-ahkohr-ah Member Posts: 1,277
    Hmm...

I have to day I enjoy getting to design new solutions and being to go to guy to get it done. Makes me feel good (even if stressful at times). Otherwise as silly as it sounds I like doing visios while listening to music.

Downside is I dont like taking the train to work but it is an hour to study each way.
  • Options
    earonw49earonw49 Member Posts: 190 ■■■□□□□□□□
    My work requires about 50% travel. Although I do NOT like driving, I love going to my different offices, meeting new people and "cutting it up" with old customers.

Definitely a highlight of my work (despite being the only Tech for 500+ users).
    WGU B.S. IT - Progress: Feb 2015 - End Date Jan 2018
    WGU M.S Cyber Security & Assurance - Progress: March 2019 - End Date June 2019