Options

WGU BSIT - NA Recent Grad

DufresdaDufresda Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey Guys I have been debating back and fourth wheather or not I should post especially with the interesting discussions that are posted around here. I realized there are a lot of people like me where they don't post but just read through the forums searching answers instead of starting a thread or replying to one to provide unique responses to there current situation where this is me finally stepping up.

As the title suggests I am a recent graduate of WGU. Now pursuing MS internet Engineering at Capitol College ( Now Capitol Technology University) which will start 01/05/2015. It seems that the Internet Engineering degree isn't talked about much . I'm curious to know if there are any others enrolled in this program or have graduated and could provide a review ?

I have been primarily working in the RF Telecommunications side of networking while cellular wireless industry is a secure career path with the amount of data used now days. I always wanted to get into the hardware side of things routing and switching instead of RF . I do want to stay in the Telecommunications industry I like working behind the scenes and more technical hardware work possibly one day working on the core switches bringing data across the world . I'm sometime from that though and currenty looking to transition from RF to service provider Network Engineering role. If anyone could provide some insight I would greatly appreciate it . I was going to go beyond CCNA but was afraid because I don't have professional experience working with Cisco hardware other then in school and labbing for the exam. please check out my LinkedIn for more insight on my background feel free to connect .

i would love to hear more from people in telecommunications industry on what their path was like what they did to get there? And what should I do to transition ? Feel free to share your personal experience

Comments

• Options
    spiderjerichospiderjericho Registered Users, Member Posts: 890 ■■■■■□□□□□
    That looks like an interesting degree. I'll be interested in hearing your feedback about the quality of the program.

And you can always lab in GNS3 minus the switching (which there are ways to get around).
  • Options
    I will hopefully update this thread with progress as I know there is little information on this degree as it isn't talked about as much it seems it's eclipsed by the information assurance degree at Capitol . Anyway I hope I don't neglect and really at least provide some overview of how the program is going .
  • Options
    I have been attending the CTU (Capitol Technology University) internet Engineering program and it is really in depth. I work for a major telecom company as an RF Performance Engineer. I am learning information concurrently with my degree and work place which I found really great. I'm not sure if I will obtain another degree after completing this one, possibly a grad cert in High Frequency Systems @ Villanova University I am not sure at this point. This forum is definitely encouraging and motivating I thought I would never finish my BS but hearing the success of others in similar situation really gave me the push I need. I always thought of obtaining a MS degree but it always seemed so far away to be in a master's program is really is shocking. Not that I never thought myself to be capable but that I never seen my self to be here this soon.