A book for those interested in PWK/OSCP.

BlackBeretBlackBeret Member Posts: 683 ■■■■■□□□□□
Penetration Testing: A Hands-On Introduction to Hacking by Georgia Weidman. (http://www.amazon.com/Penetration-Testing-Hands-On-Introduction-Hacking/dp/1593275641)

I found this book today while browsing around Barnes and Noble. As I started flipping through the book I realized that I had seen most of the material before, in the Pentesting with Kali course. I read through the book for a while and saw that it included everything I could remember from PWK and some extras on wireless and mobile use. The book is designed around using your own vulnerable lab (and walks you through building it step by step). It's very detailed and looks like a great book for those interested in pentesting but don't have the money for PWK. Even if you do want to get the OSCP certification, go through this book and learn the material before you pay for and start the course so you can work on the material without extending your lab time.

I just wanted to share this find with all of you. I have found a lot of great resources while on this site and wanted to return the favor. Mods, if you think this would be better in the security section feel free to move it. I didn't want to double-post or put this in the wrong section.

Comments