Options

Urgent: Security+ - CEU Questions (FedVTE + Online Webinars Suggestions)

ZzBloopzZZzBloopzZ Member Posts: 192
Hello,

I completely forgot that my Security+ expires December 21, 2014. I currently have zero CEU's and have not paid the yearly fees.

I plan to get 9 CEU's by work experience, then 40 through FedVTE (Government site with bunch of training courses). CompTIA made a list of pre-approved courses. Has anyone renewed their Security+ through FedVTE? If so, what was the overall process? How many credit hours did you get for the training classes? There are so many on there, and each takes various length of time to complete.

Now, I will need 1 more CEU. It looks like the easiest would be a webinar. Is there a list of any upcoming ones I could sign up for? Also, I hear you can bulk pay the 3 years of annual fees which I plan to do of course.

Thank You!

Comments

• Options
    colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
    http://www.techexams.net/forums/general-certification/98674-list-freebies-cpes.html

I would think that something on this list would work.
    Working on: staying alive and staying employed
  • Options
    VeritiesVerities Member Posts: 1,162
    ZzBloopzZ wrote: »
    Hello,

I completely forgot that my Security+ expires December 21, 2014. I currently have zero CEU's and have not paid the yearly fees.

I plan to get 9 CEU's by work experience, then 40 through FedVTE (Government site with bunch of training courses). CompTIA made a list of pre-approved courses. Has anyone renewed their Security+ through FedVTE? If so, what was the overall process? How many credit hours did you get for the training classes? There are so many on there, and each takes various length of time to complete.

Now, I will need 1 more CEU. It looks like the easiest would be a webinar. Is there a list of any upcoming ones I could sign up for? Also, I hear you can bulk pay the 3 years of annual fees which I plan to do of course.

Thank You!

I completed mine through FedVTE. The Windows Operating System Security course is 16 CEUs and the DISA HBSS Admin (201) MR5 (2013) course is 32 hours. That should cover you if you're able to get 9 from work.
  • Options
    Verities wrote: »
    I completed mine through FedVTE. The Windows Operating System Security course is 16 CEUs and the DISA HBSS Admin (201) MR5 (2013) course is 32 hours. That should cover you if you're able to get 9 from work.

Awesome, thank you for this valuable information.

Questions:

1. How do you find out how many CEU a course is on FedVTE?

2. What was the process to submit to CompTIA. Did you need pre-approval or you just took the courses and then submitted?

3. Is there a test/quiz when you complete a course on FedVTE? Trying to see how to take course. Like just read and understand or memorize terms as if for a test.

Thank You!
  • Options
    Awesome, thank you for this valuable information.

Questions:

1. How do you find out how many CEU a course is on FedVTE?

2. What was the process to submit to CompTIA. Did you need pre-approval or you just took the courses and then submitted?

3. Is there a test/quiz when you complete a course on FedVTE? Trying to see how to take course. Like just read and understand or memorize terms as if for a test.

Thank You!

No problem.

1. The amount of hours of instruction.

2. I took a screenshots of certificates of completion, then uploaded them to CompTIA. You'll have to fill out how many hours each course was and provide a brief description of what the course covered (copy and paste the course summary from FedVTE).

3. There is a test at the end of each course. Most of it is memorization.
  • Options
    If I fail the test, would it let me take the test again or will I have to take entire course again?
  • Options
    If I fail the test, would it let me take the test again or will I have to take entire course again?

Yes, you can fail and it will let you take the test again. I don't know how many failures you can get or if there is even a max failure amount.