Options

CASP Exam

Justin-Justin- Member Posts: 300
So my new employer starting January has offered to pay for the CASP Exam, (I'm nearing the Sec+ exam). I know the CASP is for professionals in the field, but my employer wants me to go for it and has offered to pay, so I will definitely be studying up on it after the Sec+.

I noticed that some of the labs require Cisco knowledge, including the IOS and different commands. Is this true?

Thanks for any replies.

Comments

• Options
    RemedympRemedymp Member Posts: 834 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Justin- wrote: »
    So my new employer starting January has offered to pay for the CASP Exam, (I'm nearing the Sec+ exam). I know the CASP is for professionals in the field, but my employer wants me to go for it and has offered to pay, so I will definitely be studying up on it after the Sec+.

I noticed that some of the labs require Cisco knowledge, including the IOS and different commands. Is this true?

Thanks for any replies.

Yes. You should have knowledge of CISCO IOS as well as subnetting and wireless security as well as firewall and IDS knowledge.
  • Options
    Any other people? Just trying to get a second perspective. Thanks.
  • Options
    aftereffectoraftereffector Member Posts: 525 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You will need to know general syntax (not necessarily IOS as compared with Junos or Brocade's CLI, but switch and router configuration commands generalized on Cisco's structure). You will also need to know IDS outputs, some packet capture outputs, firewall configuration in a general sense, and the basics of subnetting.

Disclaimer: I took the test a while ago and it may have changed since then.
    CCIE Security - this one might take a while...
  • Options
    What material did U use to pass?
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,034 Admin
    Know how to read a variety of server and network devices logs too. Think of the kinds of things system and network admins would use to troubleshoot problems on a network of midpoint and endpoint devices.
  • Options
    Would the CASP book be sufficient for all this knowledge? I might also use videos as a supplement. Thank you.
  • Options
    aftereffectoraftereffector Member Posts: 525 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I used the McGraw Hill book to pass. I was fairly familiar with Associate-level Cisco knowledge from the CCNA, as well as basic security fundamentals from Sec+ and a Microsoft cert.
    CCIE Security - this one might take a while...