Options

HIT-001 exam prep advice

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior MemberPosts: 0 ■■□□□□□□□□
I am preparing for the HIT-001 certification and I am a bit unsure how to prepare. I currently have the authorized cert guide from Pearson and the CBT nuggets videos. Is this enough to pass or are there more study materials that are needed to pass? Also what was the best way to practice besides the practice tests that come with the book? Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    hisesahisesa Member Posts: 30 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I used the book by Joy Dark, probably the same one you have, and the practice tests that came with it. If you're using the videos too you should be in good shape. Best of luck to you.
  • Options
    j4g3rb0mb3dj4g3rb0mb3d Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The CBT Nugget videos are more than enough needed to pass this test. Michael Shannon did a great job with the series. Just be sure that you know all of the abbreviated terminology like the organizations and etc., the other half of the test is Help Desk 101 kind of questions, ie very basic issue triaging specific to healthcare IT. This was probably the easiest certification test that I've taken.
  • Options
    SweenMachineSweenMachine Member Posts: 300 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I am preparing for the HIT-001 certification and I am a bit unsure how to prepare. I currently have the authorized cert guide from Pearson and the CBT nuggets videos. Is this enough to pass or are there more study materials that are needed to pass? Also what was the best way to practice besides the practice tests that come with the book? Thanks!

See my post in your voucher thread.

I agree with the above poster. ANY material should be sufficient; the nuggets are great and the Pearson Guide is as well... It's a pretty easy cert..

If you actually belong to CBT Nuggets website they have a nice document that has some good points.. I can provide that to you..

-scott