Options

Revenge is Sweet

The Silent AssassinThe Silent Assassin Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
I just sat the 640-554 exam for the second time and I crushed it. 97x/1000, previous score was about 130-35 points lower. I used a variation of the CBT Nuggets series,CCNA Security 640-554 Official Cert Guide and LiveLessons Bundle, and some good notes and labs. Never underestimate notes because they will allow you to remember the material better and you can think of certain things to remember attributes.

If you are going to go after this be sure you know your CCP, VPN technologies, and Extended ACL syntax.

Not sure what to go after next but this... might move on to the SANS material.

Comments

• Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Congrats on the pass!
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Options
    Alex90Alex90 Member Posts: 289
    Congrats - good luck with the next cert.
  • Options
    colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats!
    Working on: staying alive and staying employed
  • Options
    SteveO86SteveO86 Member Posts: 1,423
    Congrats!!

Good luck on the SANs stuff. It's expensive but totally worth it for the security field (especially if you can get your employer to reimburse)
    My Networking blog
    Latest blog post: Let's review EIGRP Named Mode
    Currently Studying: CCNP: Wireless - IUWMS
  • Options
    ecabecab Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey Revenge
    by chance - do you know if CCP will interface with Cisco Packet Tracer?? I'm currently using GNS3with CCP.. I still get "discovered with errors" non-compatible IOS and Call manager not available..etc...What router and IOS do you recommend to use with CCP?? to obtain a successful discovery??

Any input is great--

congrat on crushing the 554 exam!
  • Options
    KrusaderKrusader Member Posts: 109
    ecab wrote: »
    Hey Revenge
    by chance - do you know if CCP will interface with Cisco Packet Tracer?? I'm currently using GNS3with CCP.. I still get "discovered with errors" non-compatible IOS and Call manager not available..etc...What router and IOS do you recommend to use with CCP?? to obtain a successful discovery??

Any input is great--

congrat on crushing the 554 exam!

I use c7200 image with CCP 2.8. Always run CCP as administrator in Windows
    2018 Goals
    AWS & Linux Knowledge
  • Options
    mooed_musicmooed_music Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm wondering how different the retake was. I failed my first attempt but just barely. Did you notice any questions on both tests?
  • Options
    The Silent AssassinThe Silent Assassin Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm wondering how different the retake was. I failed my first attempt but just barely. Did you notice any questions on both tests?

I am going to say that the exam questions were EXACTLY the same, well the multiple choice was anyway. Overall the retake had maybe 2 sims and 2 drag/drop where the first one had 5 sims and the rest was multiple choice. Study what you missed in the 5 days before you can retake and you'll pass.