Options

Fresh Grad student needs information about CWNA

cbala_jicbala_ji Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hai friends,
Im a graduate student from University of Central Florida...Im the begineer for this field..I need to know all about CWNA exam.I have only little prior knowledge in networking field( Done Computer communication networks in undergrad thats it) ..But i have sound knowledge in wireless technologies and took a Grduate course in it too.
please give me suggestions about how to preparefor the exam and tips for it ?? I hav bought tthe book the hardcopy of the CWNA study guide and strted my preparation..
Please help me out in passing the exam. Replies freom ther guys who have passed already would be greatly helpful for me...please

Thank you
Balaji

Comments

• Options
    NPA24NPA24 Member Posts: 588 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hey I graduated from UCF as well. I'm studying for the CWNP Wireless# but I'm using CWNA material to get the basics of it. I have the CBT Nuggets for it and it's becoming a useful tool. I would suggest purchasing the CBT for this exam.
  • Options
    cyberkid0101cyberkid0101 Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi there,
    I am in IT field since last 2 years. but i want to go for cwna/cwsp certification. Could u please tell me the job market in US for CWNA/CWSP's.
    Thanx for your cooperation for advicing me truely.
    FJeewani
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,031 Admin
    The CWNA/CWSP are all about IEEE 802.11 wireless networking technology. You therefore need a good foundation in at least Ethernet packet networking before moving to 802.11. I really recommend people having at least the equivalent knowledge of the Network+ cert before attempting the CWNA.

The CWNA Study Guide is the single best study reference. There is other good information in the Learning Center at www.cwne.com. Besides having a firm understating of the basics of 802.11, you also need to understand how to troubleshoot problematic situations with 802.11 networks. Having hands-on experience with configuring wireless devices, such as access points and bridges, is a great help too.

As for the wireless job market in the US, having a CWNA/CWSP is not an instant ticket to getting a job. You still need the wireless tech experience. However, these certs are required by many larger wireless tech companies, and they show that you know something about the technology and not just how to position and antenna at the top of a tower. They are a good start to getting a job working in wireless.