Options

Path Guidance

randomwalshrandomwalsh Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi

My current place of employment has asked me to come up with a plan of action to take over from our external IT provider and manage it in house and eventually start offer IT related services to our current client base. Basically they want to tap into the IT market and thankfully I have been chosen to spearhead this initiative.

Currently I have no official qualification and would be described as self taught for most of my IT knowledge but I know that if the company I work for wants to be able to generate revenue for IT related services that client would rather trust a company with certified professional in IT as opposed to self taught.

With that in mind I have tried my best to come out with a path to become certified and it follows as such:

The courses below is what i think based upon research would aid me in fulfilling this role:

CompTIA A+
CompTIA Network+
CompTIA Server+
CompTIA Security+
CompTIA Storage+
CompTIA Cloud Essentials

MTA Database

MSCE Server Infrastructure
MSCE Desktop infrastructure
MSCE Data Platform

What are your thoughts and suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    Justin-Justin- Member Posts: 300
    It really depends what your job entitles. Also, if you are going to take all those exams I suggest taking the Security+ before Server+ because it ties in a lot with Network+.

And no point of taking Server+ if you are going into Microsoft technologies and taking the Server Infrastructure exam..
  • Options
    randomwalshrandomwalsh Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi Justin,

Thanks for your advice.

My job would consist of the following in the beginning:
    Maintainance and upgrading of windows 2003 server based network to a more current solution and even possibly looking at cloud servers.

And once internal IT is running smoothly, I guess the job would expand to providing support to existing infrastructures at clients.