Options

70-533 Microsoft Azure Infrastructure

2»

Comments

• Options
    unfbilly11unfbilly11 Member Posts: 100 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks, I'll take a look at some classes and see if there are any offered in my area. If they are anything like other certification classes I've been to then they really only glaze over the little stuff. My company does a lot with Azure and this would be a good certification for me to have to show that I can manage it.
  • Options
    PJ_SneakersPJ_Sneakers Member Posts: 884 ■■■■■■□□□□
    It will definitely test your skills with Azure configuration. In the meantime Microsoft Virtual Academy has a lot of material on Azure.

Microsoft Azure Training Courses - Microsoft Virtual Academy

The MVA video that helped me the most for the test was Microsoft Azure IaaS Deep Dive Jump Start. If you've been working with implementing and configuring Azure for a while, this might be a little bit of review for you.

There is also a link further up in the thread for all of the Microsoft pages that touch on the different exam topics.

Good luck! I'm sure you can pass the test since you have been using Azure for a while.
  • Options
    MSSoftieMSSoftie Member Posts: 190 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Now that I have m MCSE, I think the 70-533 will be my next cert. Microsoft is making a huge investment into Azure so I think this will be more valuable as time goes on.
  • Options
    GLaDOS11GLaDOS11 Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    MSSoftie - Have you started studying for this yet? There's such little information on this exam because it's so new, it makes studying kinda difficult. I used the links a few posts above in this article. There is also a 70-533 exam ref out now. I have read that and watched all the videos on the MVA. I am taking this test in a couple days. I will let you know what I find.
  • Options
    thatguy67thatguy67 Member Posts: 344 ■■■■□□□□□□
    unfbilly11 wrote: »
    Just requesting an update on this exam...The thread is a few months old now, have any more people taken this exam? How is it? Are there any legitimate materials out there for this yet? All I see are Brain **** from 10,000 sites. I see the Microsoft ref. guide will come out in March...I might have to wait till then...

If you search the web you will find the MOC pdf. I have seen the Exam Ref on Amazon too. CBT Nuggets is also working on the course, I believe it's about half done now.
    2017 Goals: []PCNSE7 []CCNP:Security []CCNP:R&S []LCDE []WCNA
  • Options
    GLaDOS11GLaDOS11 Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Passed this morning with an 877. I probably over-prepared a bit. I used a ton of resources.

MS Exam Ref - This was actually very helpful. I've used other Exam Ref books that haven't been useful at all, but this one was very good.

I watched all of the MVA Videos I could find on each section. The IaaS Jump Start was the most worthwhile.

This blog was super helpful:
    Ready for this? "Implementing Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Solutions" Exam 70-533 - Tangent Thoughts - Site Home - TechNet Blogs

Overall, it is a tough exam. A lot of interactive type questions (drag and drop, put these steps in order, etc). You have to know your stuff to pass. Anyways good luck to anyone else who wants to attempt this. Let me know if I can help.
  • Options
    worldmac1worldmac1 Member Posts: 121 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I too just started studying for this test... Ben Finkel of CBT Nuggets does a great job so far. I've watched the first 5 vids and it goes along with the book by Michael Washam pretty good too. The second shot is still being offered for the next few months so I may try to get this one under my belt by the end of August.

Not a whole lot out there in way of forums or IT speak, so I figured I would throw this out there...
    Certs in Progress:

CCNP:Routing 300-101 15%
    OIIIIIIIO
  • Options
    thatguy67thatguy67 Member Posts: 344 ■■■■□□□□□□
    My company is going to be investing into Azure. I am glad I got the cert back in December. I checked the Microsoft site and there is now a full-on cert for it. MCSD - Azure Solutions Architect. Sounds mighty fancy. 70-533 is one of 3 exams required.

https://www.microsoft.com/learning/en-us/mcsd-azure-architect-certification.aspx
    2017 Goals: []PCNSE7 []CCNP:Security []CCNP:R&S []LCDE []WCNA