Options

My CCIE Data Center Thread

Comments

• Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Ditto! I suppose I will find out tomorrow morning. icon_smile.gif
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Options
    NOC-NinjaNOC-Ninja Member Posts: 1,403
    you probably got the number. you should get an email by now. I got mine around 6:24pm.
  • Options
    21ctl21ctl Banned Posts: 93 ■■□□□□□□□□
    lol....the suspense is mad..got my email the next day around 1pm..... could barely eat or sleep
  • Options
    i believe you will pass. once you get your number kindly do a details study method.. workbooks used ( IPX or INE) and rack rental hours spent
  • Options
    IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    Read through the thread, 21ctl. I actually already detailed all of that here :)

Still waiting
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • Options
    @Iristheangel.. i read that, was referring to your finally experience and how you will rate IPX workbook after the exam experience....
    sent you a priv email( not exam related in anyway...lolz)
  • Options
    gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Still waiting? Hot diggity.

Sounds like it went well, though. Fingers crossed!
  • Options
    Well... I failed but I'm close enough for a review so I'm submitting it for a review. My scores are as follows:

-Cisco NX-OS 83% (Approx 40% of the exam)
    -Storage Networking 60% (Approx 30% of the lab)
    -Cisco Unified Computing System 93% (Approx 20% of the lab)
    -Data Center Virtualization with Cisco Nexus 1000V 50% (Approx 10% of the lab)

I think I need to have it reviewed. Storage is what I felt pretty confident in and even a couple points will push me up to a pass. Sadly, it'll take 3 weeks for me to get that review done so in the meantime, I'll lab my little heart out and see if I pass next time.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
  • Options
    gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Dang. I am sorry to hear that. Sounds like you were close though. Too close.
  • Options
    2 points close. Enough for a review so I'll wait on that and keep labbing away
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
  • Options
    i agree with you, submit for a review and try to do some lab on areas you think u did not do well.. 3 weeks is a long time/..... am so sad to hear this initial report
  • Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Wow Iris, sorry to hear that. Does the result break down what areas of Storage Networking you were weak on?
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Options
    jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Sorry to hear. Hopefully the review comes back with a pass.
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • Options
    MowMow Member Posts: 445 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Great attitude. To me, you seem like you're one of those folks who are a CCIE but just don't have the number yet. YET.
  • Options
    praminpramin Member Posts: 138 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Iris;

Hopefully they can find those two points for the pass. Also was there a big difference between your practice MOC labs and the real lab?
  • Options
    Submitted for a re-read. If that doesn't net me the point or two I need, then I'm retaking the exam in RTP on 11/12. That way I still have another shot before the end of the year
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
  • Options
    Dieg0MDieg0M Member Posts: 861
    That's sad to hear but i'm sure it will make you a better engineer. Make sure you schedule your next exam in the next few months! Unfortunately, I don't think a re-read will help, I have heard there's a very low percentage of changing anything. I have even heard some people getting a pass in all sections, still failing and the re-read didn't change anything.
    Follow my CCDE journey at www.routingnull0.com
  • Options
    I was told by the certification customer service that they highly recommend a re-read with this exam in particular so I'll go with it. I'm actually taking the exam again in 30 days if the re-read doesn't help. I'm not waiting a couple months. I wasn't tripped up by anything technical on the test - If I failed, it was simple reading comprehension at this point which doesn't warrant waiting months or restudying a ton of stuff.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
  • Options
    Shoe BoxShoe Box Banned Posts: 118
    I think you should pass the test on a re-read. But, that isn't in Cisco's best interest, because if they do pass you, then they don't get to charge you $1600 again for another test. And aren't they extorting a couple hundred just for the re-read?

My prediction - they say "still no go" on the re-read, with some very weak, obscure, vague reason for it, you go back in a month, ROFLSTOMP the lab, and get a pass.
  • Options
    joelsfoodjoelsfood Member Posts: 1,027 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Cisco has no trouble filling the seats for datacenter lab. They make more money from a reread and selling the seat she woudl have used than forcing her to take it again. Please hold the uninformed comments to a minimum
  • Options
    JZegersJZegers Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
    with a reread they also reload the config on devices, which sometimes can fix stuff if something broke from earlier on in the exam. definitely close enough to give it a go
  • Options
    Trust me, Cisco gets zero financial benefit from having me retake the exam :) They aren't as nefarious as you think. They make a lot of money on the products they sell - the certification arm isn't their bread and butter. It's more like the change they find under the seat cushions. The way they grade these tests though sometimes can be a little wonky. It's a script that runs through the configs and basically issues a pass or fail. For things like R&S, it's very tight knit since the exam as been around for over a decade and they have it down. For newer exams, it can sometimes be flawed and that's where you see the higher rate of success on -re-reads. Since the DC is a newer track, I've heard more success in the re-read department. Narbik was encouraging me yesterday to do the re-read. Named a couple famous CCIEs we all have heard of that got their digits on the re-read.

If that doesn't work, I'll be re-taking the exam on 11/12. That's the soonest I could grab a date though I really would love to go 11/5 if I could. We'll see if something pops up.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
  • Options
    did u attend narbik DC classes..?
  • Options
    Nope. I didn't have 7 months at the point where he started the track and Terry Vinson isn't my style
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
  • Options
    lol, how come nobody likes terry vinson
  • Options
    joelsfoodjoelsfood Member Posts: 1,027 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Lots of people like him for RS. Just that everyone pales inc omparison to Jason for DC in general, and Ron/David for NXOS specifically (I highly recommend the NX OS Fundamentals 2.0 videos from Cisco/Pearson for anyone learning Nexus). :)
  • Options
    I don't have anything against Terry Vinson. He's just not my teaching style and I found that I couldn't pay attention to his videos on IPX. Rick Mur and Jason Lunde were a lot better imho
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
  • Options
    am buying jason lunde for DC and also INE vod... lots of VOD from CCNA to IE..my books just landed...@Iristheangel.. hope u wont mind been my DC guardian
  • Options
    this house and thread has been silent...
  • Options
    I'm on vacation in Hawaii and there's nothing new to report. My reread hasn't been completed yet and in the event that I fail that, I have another lab attempt scheduled for 11/5. :)
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931