My CCIE Data Center Thread

Comments

• mistabrumley89mistabrumley89 Member Posts: 356 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I just moved to Hawaii! Even though I make a decent paycheck, I still feel pretty poor lol.

Did they give you a timeline on how long your re-read would take?
    Goals: WGU BS: IT-Sec (DONE) | CCIE Written: In Progress
    LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/charlesbrumley
  • IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    Up to three weeks. Either way, I'm scheduled for 11/5 if that doesn't work out for me :) I'll find a way to make up that one point and pass
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • joelsfoodjoelsfood Member Posts: 1,027 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Get off of TE. :P Go enjoy your vacation, or worst case, study. No more forum.
    It's still early here :) Was having to hang out on the computer for the One Plus Two open sale. After 56 minutes of errors, I finally snagged one!
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
  • mistabrumley89mistabrumley89 Member Posts: 356 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Idk if you're outdoorsy, but you should check out the Diamond Head area if you are on Oahu. Pretty nice views.
    Goals: WGU BS: IT-Sec (DONE) | CCIE Written: In Progress
    LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/charlesbrumley
  • gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
  • creamy_stewcreamy_stew Member Posts: 406 ■■■□□□□□□□
    It's still early here :) Was having to hang out on the computer for the One Plus Two open sale. After 56 minutes of errors, I finally snagged one!

What's the "One Plus Two open sale"?
    Itchy... Tasty!
    [X] DCICN
    [X] IINS

[ ] CCDA
    [ ] DCICT
  • joelsfoodjoelsfood Member Posts: 1,027 ■■■■■■□□□□
  • creamy_stewcreamy_stew Member Posts: 406 ■■■□□□□□□□
    joelsfood wrote: »
    OnePlus 2 is a cell phone

I still don't get it. I'm a Euro.
    Itchy... Tasty!
    [X] DCICN
    [X] IINS

[ ] CCDA
    [ ] DCICT
    gorebrush wrote: »
    Any update?

Still showing a reread requested.

In other news, the water is 77 degrees here in Maui and the views are gorgeous :)
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    I still don't get it. I'm a Euro.

Oneplus.net
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
  • 21ctl21ctl Banned Posts: 93 ■■□□□□□□□□
    how good is the phone. better than iphone???
    Ok. The re-read came back. No change.

Next lab date is 11/5. Labbing through my flu this week! :P

On a fun note, I'll be taking the lab in the same place and day as Mrock so it'll be fun to meet him for a drink after :)

Remember remember the 5th of November...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQyqx1K495U
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    loool
    V for vendatta Data Center should be ready for the vendatta:
    Voila! In view humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin, vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Sorry to hear Iris. Good luck on the 5th!
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • FadakartelFadakartel Member Posts: 144
    Sorry to hear you have to re do it, Cisco really likes money.

Good luck on your next attempt.
    I don't think it's a Cisco likes money issue. If I need to go back and get a couple extra points on 1000v, sure I'll go do it. I'm not stressing. Labbing between now and 11/5 to get 'er done!
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    @ Iristheangel
    i think you work for cisco so its right to defend your company....cisco keeps increasing cost of exam and u have to do many exams to complete one track ( 4 exams) that's expensive if you must ask... compared to microsoft exams or checkpoint
    Here's the thing: you don't have to actually go get Cisco exams if you don't want to. No one is forcing you to spend money or take them. The reason you, me and everyone else takes them is usually because there is a return on investment on the exams in our professional life.

As far as the cost of the exam is concerned, it's actually cheap in comparison to the money spent on prep for the exam:

- $3000 to IPX for a bootcamp
    - $500 for airfare to Tulsa for the bootcamp
    - $1000 for hotel stay at the hotel where the bootcamp was held
    - $1000 for rack rental sessions at IPX
    - $1500 for rack rental sessions at INE
    - $250 for airfare to San Jose for the lab itself
    - $500 for stay at the hotel for the lab
    - $100 for the car rental
    - $400 for the airfare to RTP
    - $200 for the hotel stay in RTP
    - $100 for the car rental in RTP
    - $1200 for INE AAP over the course of 12 months
    - $450 for INE lab workbook
    - ~$500-1000 on misc other things suck as books, equipment, videos and other things I bought over the course of the last year
    - Lots and lots of time which I can probably not put a dollar value on

I've been lucky enough to have some of the above paid for by my last couple of jobs and a lot of it was out of pocket. Working towards a CCIE is not a cheap endeavor and one should know that before beginning. Paying $1000-$1250 for a CCNP once if it helps you gain the knowledge and credentials where you could boot your salary up by $20-30,000 a year is a fair trade off. If you feel you can get that same ROI for cheaper from Microsoft or Checkpoint, have at it.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
  • MooseboostMooseboost Member Posts: 778 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Bummer. Sorry to hear about the reread but you definitely have the right attitude about taking it again. As far as people complaining about exam cost - you are not forced to get their certifications. If you don't want to spend the money, don't. If they were cheap and easy, there would be no point in them. Good luck on the next round!
  • kohr-ahkohr-ah Member Posts: 1,277
    Bummer icon_sad.gif but you know you will nail it the next time as now you know what to expect.

Also agreed. Nobody is forcing someone to get a CCIE. It is an investment just like any other investment in life. CCIE also isn't for everyone as it depends the path of your career if it is worth the investment. It has nothing to do with Cisco likes money.
  • DPGDPG Member Posts: 780 ■■■■■□□□□□
    - Lots and lots of time which I can probably not put a dollar value on

This is my big hang-up with the CCIE. The opportunity cost is huge even if you have the means to brute-force your way to the certification.
    21ctl wrote: »
    @ Iristheangel
    i think you work for cisco so its right to defend your company....cisco keeps increasing cost of exam and u have to do many exams to complete one track ( 4 exams) that's expensive if you must ask... compared to microsoft exams or checkpoint

One thing I would say is that if you legitimately have a CCIE right now and you have that knowledge and experience, it should be helping you get a big boost in pay and opportunities so the next CCIE you get isn't as financially restricting to obtain. Now if you took shortcuts, that's where it gets harder and you don't get as much ROI on CCIEs and finances will continue to be a struggle for you...

I'll leave it at that and hope you obtain that CCIE DC with lots of hard work, reading, studying and labbing.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    One thing I would say is that if you legitimately have a CCIE right now and you have that knowledge and experience, it should be helping you get a big boost in pay and opportunities so the next CCIE you get isn't as financially restricting to obtain. Now if you took shortcuts, that's where it gets harder and you don't get as much ROI on CCIEs and finances will continue to be a struggle for you...

I'll leave it at that and hope you obtain that CCIE DC with lots of hard work, reading, studying and labbing.

i did obtain it with lots of hardwork but it does not change the fact that it was expensive, the exchange rate from my currency to dollar is like 1:240.so it takes a lot hardwork and currently i already have 6500 token from INE + VOD's +workbook DC while 100hr for vol1 from IPX +workbooks just waiting for december to buy vol 2 token for DC because its very expensive
    ( studying for CISSP now)

so you dont have to doubt my hardwork and it still does not change my opinion that the cost is high. it might not be high for you because you are in US and your earnings are in dollars, if you switch sides you will understand where am coming from!!!

wish you all the best in your DC exam, and please, i dont want to pass that before you.....lol
    I can't really speak to any labbing you did or didn't do. You just raised some red flags with some of the PMs you were sending me on this forum and umm... I don't think you realize that the first page of results on Google for your screenname and/or Skype name which you posted on threads here on TE + CCIE comes back with you asking for CCIE Security and CCIE Data Center lab **** on dumping forums going back over a year ago. Also, your real e-mail address and full name comes up too which brings up your CCIE number. Maybe you stopped yourself and didn't really use them or had a bad moment. I don't know you very well or your situation but I hope you didn't end up using them.

I understand that in different countries, situations are different in terms of finance and believe me, I empathize. I've been in some poor spots myself and it took me years to get in a better place. Sometimes, culturally, people don't see another choice but the problem is that when you go that route, you'll never qualify for leaving that place you're in and you'll get hurt in a technical interview. The way you're going to open up the most opportunities and really improve your situation is really learning the stuff and becoming the best - not cutting corners to get that number.

All the same to you, I wish you the best. I hope you sincerely take my words under consideration.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    I can't really speak to any labbing you did or didn't do. You just raised some red flags with some of the PMs you were sending me on this forum and umm... I don't think you realize that the first page of results on Google for your screenname and/or Skype name which you posted on threads here on TE + CCIE comes back with you asking for CCIE Security and CCIE Data Center lab **** on dumping forums going back over a year ago. Also, your real e-mail address and full name comes up too which brings up your CCIE number. Maybe you stopped yourself and didn't really use them or had a bad moment. I don't know you very well or your situation but I hope you didn't end up using them.

I understand that in different countries, situations are different in terms of finance and believe me, I empathize. I've been in some poor spots myself and it took me years to get in a better place. Sometimes, culturally, people don't see another choice but the problem is that when you go that route, you'll never qualify for leaving that place you're in and you'll get hurt in a technical interview. The way you're going to open up the most opportunities and really improve your situation is really learning the stuff and becoming the best - not cutting corners to get that number.

All the same to you, I wish you the best. I hope you sincerely take my words under consideration.

i sent you PM about IPX rack rental because, i know that when people pass they sometimes do have leftover and share or give away @ a low cost and that is normal if you check ine forum u will observe that its done too, sorry that my pm did send some wrong signals...wishing you all the best in your DC exam
    Its Nov already
    we are rooting for you @ Iristheangel as you will be siting again in 4days.
  • lrblrb Member Posts: 526
    You've studied very hard and know what to expect now in the lab now, best of luck!
  • gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Good luck for round #2!
    Let's hope so! I've been busting my butt labbing every night and all throughout the weekends. I cancelled a romantic getaway to SF this weekend so I could just lab it up. Just need one or two more points :)
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931