Options

IT operations engineer job description

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior MemberPosts: 0 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hey Forum

I just recently got a job offer for an IT operations engineer and I am not quite sure what this job position involves? Can anyone who has this job title explain a bit more about this type of job? Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    lsud00dlsud00d Member Posts: 1,571
    Titles honestly don't mean much. I can tell you a million things the job might entail, or I can tell you none. You need to contact the company and get the req/posting. I'm confused though...you have an offer and you don't know what the job entails? Or, has a company reached out to you to apply for an open position?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I accepted the offer from the company. In regards to the description, there is not a lot there just knowledge about this and that etc. It is an entry level job since I will be graduating college in a few months so I am not sure what to expect. This is the job offer I received and this is all they had for information about the job itself. Hope you all can give some more insight about what this involves. (I'm hoping not helpdesk although it doesn't seem like it) Warren Entry Level - Operations Engineer: Michigan Job - MI, 48088
  • Options
    lsud00dlsud00d Member Posts: 1,571
    Did you interview for the position?! I feel like you should have a lot more information if you received and accepted an offer.

Anyways, after looking over the req it seems to be a help desk, or very similar position. One of the giveaways is the preferred qualifications lists just a degree and internship experience...i.e. no years of experience. The "job segments" and URL both list entry level, which is normally tier I/front-line support. In addition the role described incident management and response (i.e. fielding phone calls and emails), service desk and user support, etc etc. It's focused around service delivery and I don't see anything suggesting it's not help desk, however you are the one who has gone through the interview process so you should really have a better grasp of the position than you lead on to have.
  • Options
    pinkydapimppinkydapimp Member Posts: 732 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Yea im confused. How did you get to the point of accepting an offer and you know nothing about the position. What if it requires sweeping floors and taking out the trash. You cool with that?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Originally I applied for a network engineer (entry level) position there went through the interview and then when they said they had an offer, they changed it on me at the last minute. I don't think it would involve sweeping floors etc. But I can't stand HD jobs. I worked at one once before and was bored. Reset my password, I can't get online. Blah blah blah same old ****. But for 60k I'll take it, work on certs while at work and go from there. Reset my password. 5 sec job leave me alone then back to studying haha.