Options

Passed! Sy0-301

bigkaspibigkaspi Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
UGHHH Such a weight lifted after passing!

I honestly thought I was going to fail. The simulations in the beginning threw me off right away even though I read about them in here.

Some of the questions were worded strangely so I had to re-read 15 times before I committed to an answer. Overall the test felt harder than I guess it was. Mine was also 74 questions, not 100.
Managed to pass with an 825/900! icon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gif

Used:

Darril Gibon's book - Assessment test, chapter tests, and final book tests. - Scored around 80% on final test

Learnzapp Security+ iPhone app 90-100% on these tests

Security+ Study guide from user: macpro76 (should be stickied) - Crammed this hours b4 test time

All the free practice exams I could get my hands on, including the two exams on this site.

Anyways, hope that info helps others study. Thanks to this site for all the wonderful resources!

Comments

• Options
    FaboFabo Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    2015 Goals: ICND1 (Feb), ICND2 (May), LX0-101 (Aug), LX0-102 (Nov)
  • Options
    Secret SquirrelSecret Squirrel Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I know this is a little late, but I feel you, bro. I thought I had bombed on the exam and found I had passed with flying colors (as they say).

I also agree with you on Gibson's material (book, blogs, premium content) and taking as many practice exams as possible. This helped me to keep an open mind as to how many ways one could approach the same issue. One word of caution: be wary of practice exams that have constant, persistent errors.
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63