Options

Advice

romeo1808romeo1808 Member Posts: 83 ■■□□□□□□□□
I'm writing my network + on tuesday and am pretty confident i'll pass! I have no It experience, how long do you think i'll need to be ready for security +? I do start my post grad in information security management on January 7, 2015, will i be able to knock off security + before that?
Thanks in advance for any advice!

Comments

• Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    I recommend you get yourself a bit of experience and either practice lab or just shadow someone (get a mentor) to gain the knowledge you need.

After reading several of your posts today from the past few weeks, you have a underhanded way of looking for '****' type information without directly asking for it. This is NOT that type of website, please do not ask our members to violate their NDA, nor ask for unethical information...of which, you have not directly asked for, but your continual plea for assistance is skirting the lines of ethical and legal vs. unethical and violating others certification for your personal gain.

If you chose to continue your career by looking for shortcuts, you will find you run out of folks to **** from because as one climbs the ranks of IT, the content builds. You'll fake people out for a bit, but it will catch up to you.

In the event you are honestly looking for assistance, by all means, purchase, borrow, rent the texts you need to prepare, setup a lab, ask legitimate clarifications on the forum and the members will help. But please, stop asking about the easiest method, if 'x' content is on the exam, can I be ready with no experience to pass, to members who take IT seriously and who volunteer their time here to help serious new IT people.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    romeo1808romeo1808 Member Posts: 83 ■■□□□□□□□□
    REMOVED UNNECESSARY QUOTED REPLY FROM PREVIOUS POST

I'm sincerely looking for advice, I just graduated University, and don't really have much experience but am finding this is a good field. I start my post grad in Information securities, this January so just want to get a head start with certifications. By no means am i looking to **** or get unethical information, if it comes off that way, I sincerely apologize. I just have NO ONE to help guide me, everyone I know is in different fields and don't know anyone to get legitimate information from, so I come here for guidance.

This question in specific was not meant to get an easy way out, I just wanted some advice from people and how long they thought would be a good time frame. I don't know how to find a mentor, or someone to get help from, if you have any advice I'd gladly take it. I'm someone who likes to run, when i get into something, that's why the amount of posts, and questions, and concerns. By no mean am I trying to put anyone at risk, i'm just slowly learning what the guidelines are and whats aloud and whats not.

I'm not sure what certifications would be best in information securities, and I've asked around in different forums, and most people have suggested to get a Network + to start and go to Security +. That is just the route I'm trying to take, if you have any advice, or can point me to the right direction I'd greatly appreciate it.

Once again, I apologize if I'm coming off, as someone who's trying to put others at risk, or someone who's looking for a shortcut, I'm just really lost, and don't know where to turn to for advice. In my post grad, there will be labs I believe, so that experience would help. I was just wondering if I could knock off another certification before I start, and get a firm grip of securities before I start. It's suppose to be a rigorous program and so I'm just worried. This is the link if you have time to look at it and give me any type of advice ( Information Security Management-2015/2016 | Fanshawe College ), the program coordinator hasn't been much help.

Thanks for your time, and letting me know how I''m coming off so I can try and fix it.