Options

Linux Foundation System Administrator Cert

josdmyerjosdmyer Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
Do you think this cert has any worth or is it just a waste of time and money?

Comments

• Options
    brownwrapbrownwrap Member Posts: 549
    I am not sure. I am not a good test taker and for $50, I thought I would get some practice. They will have to build their reputation. It would help if they could get on the DOD 8570 list, that would give people more of an incentive to take it.
  • Options
    Yea, I have heard of the Linux Foundation several years ago so I know that they are not unknown just so far for their certs. The Black Friday deal is a good one, but I just don't know if it is worth paying that or putting that money towards Linux+ or LPI exams.
  • Options
    brownwrapbrownwrap Member Posts: 549
    I have to get Linux+ for work, so I will use this test to measure if I am ready for Linux+. Since this test has a very limited track record, its hard to know what to expect. There is a $399 test prep, but that is only a one day session and it doesn't include any materials. They have been around a while, but it doesn't look like they are making much of an effort with this test other than to advertize it.
  • Options
    I don't need either for work at least not yet. I just figured it would be good for the resume. I did 2 years at my college as a linux system administrator and I'm doing a temp job as a linux system administrator now though my focus is virt at the moment.