Options

How do I make sure its the latest ICND 1 book?

Raymond MasonRaymond Mason Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello, you know I have been having a hard time determining if a book is out of date or not. The reason I am asking is because I don't want to waste my money on an outdated book. Thanks in advanced for your help and advice. :D

Comments

• Options
    dsgmdsgm Member Posts: 228 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You can check ciscopress.com and find the latest version

or just make sure its the correct exam number 100-101 for ICND 1 or 200-101 for ICND2
  • Options
    clarsonclarson Member Posts: 903 ■■■■□□□□□□
    In March 2013 (and discontinued the old test in Sept), Cisco released new versions of the ICND1 and ICND2 exams for their CCENT and CCNA certifications. These new versions, labeled ICND1 v2.0 and ICND2 v2.0 include several additions and deletions from the prior 1.1 versions. And, the exam number changed as noted above. So, if it isn't for the v2.0 exam, it is old. if it isn't for the exam numbers (100-101 or 200-101) it is old. if it was published before March 2013, it is old.
    Cisco CCENT/CCNA ICND1 100-101 Official Cert Guide by WENDELL ODOM is a good book to start with.
  • Options
    Raymond MasonRaymond Mason Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    clarson wrote: »
    In March 2013 (and discontinued the old test in Sept), Cisco released new versions of the ICND1 and ICND2 exams for their CCENT and CCNA certifications. These new versions, labeled ICND1 v2.0 and ICND2 v2.0 include several additions and deletions from the prior 1.1 versions. And, the exam number changed as noted above. So, if it isn't for the v2.0 exam, it is old. if it isn't for the exam numbers (100-101 or 200-101) it is old. if it was published before March 2013, it is old.

Thanks! The problem was I was looking on Amazon and was thinking "For all I know these books could all be outdated."

I accidentally got the wrong book last month and got CCNA 200-101. So this time I am getting the right book. At least I have the CCNA book handy when I finish the ICND 1 exam. :)