Options

Service Manuals

ToBeOrNotToBeToBeOrNotToBe Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi There, i'm having a friend who is planning to start a new business in PC and Peripherals Repairs and Service, and he heard about that OEMs are having something called "Service, Repair Manual", that will include some info on the expected faults and which parts to be examined, so the question is that, anybody know where can he find something like this, and even if it's not an official OEM booklet!!

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    No. I can't say that I've ever heard of an 'official' OEM manual. There is WAY, WAY TOO much information for a book.

I use my product manuals, vendor websites and just plain old experience for troubleshooting.

You may consider some of the specific vendor certifications like HP/Dell etc.. contact them for more information.

Otherwise....Google should be your friend :)

What sort of 'oem' are you? Are you buying parts on-line and building systems? Basically, this makes you an assembler, though you can qualify for OEM licensing. You'll be the one writing the manual on the components you use as you gather information from the MFG's.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?