Options

Passed 802 today!

Super587Super587 Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
After many weeks of studying I am happy to say I passed 802 today and am officially A+ Certified! Thanks to everyone who gave advice and tips along the way. Now I am trying to figure out my next step and would like opinions/advice with that as well but first let me give some background.

I currently have a full time job in purchasing, 95% of which is I.T. My currently salary is more than what I would make if I took a help desk position so seeking full time help desk positions isnt an option. I have plenty of time (no kids, done with school) so my first question is are there ways to gain experience without having to get a full-time position. Does anyone know of a good resource for volunteer opportunities or internships?

Second question is as far as the next certification I will pursue. My experience is limited setting up routers,switiches,hubs ( I have only done it for myself and for family) but I enjoy it a lot. With that in mind should my next certification be networking or security or does the order matter at all? Also, while Comptia does offer Security+ from reading blogs on T.E. many people think diving right into CCENT or CCNA is doable. Thanks for the help all!!

Comments

• Options
    cwshellhamercwshellhamer Member Posts: 90 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Grats and enjoy your nifty little card when it comes in the mail :)

As for me i'm planning on doing my Net + and CCENT and MAYBE MTA certs (netework and Server) from microsoft just to touch all three major general certifications.
    HAVE: A+
    Working on: N+, CCENT
    Associates Degree: Lincoln Technical Institute ( DO NOT GO!)
    Bachelors degree in progress: Computer Information Systems and Cyber security - Strayer University
  • Options
    fcp4lifefcp4life Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    How difficult was the 802 compared to the 801 i plan on taking my 802 during winter break from school
  • Options
    cdxcdx Member Posts: 186
    @Super - I will be doing Net+, Sec+, Linux+, CCNA then from there I am not sure yet..

@FCP4LIFE - 802 is about the same difficulty as 801
    Bachelor of Science - Information Technology - Security
    Associate of Science - Computer Information Systems
  • Options
    Super587Super587 Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks all. I actually found 802 to be slightly easier. Know your command line stuff and for some reason I got a lot of secruity questions.