Options

What can i do NOW ?

sheriefkadirasheriefkadira Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
Dears, please help,
i`ve finished reading the AIO, and cofused with the next step, because i forgot most of what i have read :)
really, don`t know the next step, please help me.
should i re-read the AIO Chapter by chapter and solve Questions ?
or anr what i can do now.
i`m thinking to study from 11 Hour, to memorizeand then solve Qs ?
Advise me please.

Comments

• Options
    dustervoicedustervoice Member Posts: 877 ■■■■□□□□□□
    If you have read the shon harris book completely i would recommend you read another book such as Sybex or Eric Conrad but in my opinion shon harris book is the best in preparing you for the test. also try a few questions to confirm youve understood what uve just read but dont waste too much time on questions as they are no way similar to the real test. Try to understand the concepts in that way it doesnt matter what the question is you will be able to answer it.
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    This is where you reference all the notes you took while reading.
  • Options
    Can i start now with the 11 Hour and then begin in the Questions ? .
    cause i didn`t took Notes.
  • Options
    TheProfezzorTheProfezzor Member Posts: 204 ■■■□□□□□□□
    In my own opinion, you can follow the mentioned plan, which might help you with your studies:

1. Read Shon Harris AIO, cover to cover.
    2. Start reading Shon Harris again but this time, start noting down important stuff and things, you didn't understand and didn't memorize.
    3. By the time you are done making notes from AIO, you should have a 100+ pages of pure summary from Shon Harris.
    4. Now, start reading "Eric Conrads CISSP 2nd Edition" and while you are at it, make additions to your notes of things, not covered in Eric's book, that you didn't find in AIO.
    5. After going through both books, start memorizing and working on the notes you have built up from the 2 books.
    6. Once you feel confident, try to solve the questions from AIO and Eric's books.
    7. By this time, you should be able to score more than 80% on all domains of CISSP CBK.
    8. If you didn't score 80%, start over again and focus on the weak domains.
    9. When one week is left for the exam, start revising your notes and read through the "Eric Conrad 11th Hour 2nd Edition", to get a better grip of things you covered. Make sure you don't prepare from the 11th Hour because, it's too concise for a study guide.
    10. Do as much practice tests as you can, to make sure you are at pace with comprehending and answering the questions in time.
    11. Don't memorize questions. Think and reason through each one of them.

I think this should work well as your study plan. See if it works for you. Good Luck!

Note: Never even depend on a single book and never use ****. This exam is worth the while and there is a reason why, this certification is still one of the most reputed in the industry.
    OSCP: Loading . . .
  • Options
    TheProfezzor Thanks alot, apperciate your advice :)