Options

Passed my exam today!!!

romeo1808romeo1808 Member Posts: 83 ■■□□□□□□□□
Scored 802 Thanks for the advice!

Comments

• Options
    JameswebJamesweb Member Posts: 144
    Awesome Job on the pass! I have been studying myself now for a little over 4 months, read 4 books, have been working on 2 big practice exams one with 237 questions and another with over 400 and now certmaster. trying to nail down when I want to take my test in the next couple weeks. What all did you use for study?
    Currently working on CCENT/CCNA and CAPM
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
  • Options
    cwshellhamercwshellhamer Member Posts: 90 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Grats man!! Hoping to get mine done by the end of the month :)
    HAVE: A+
    Working on: N+, CCENT
    Associates Degree: Lincoln Technical Institute ( DO NOT GO!)
    Bachelors degree in progress: Computer Information Systems and Cyber security - Strayer University
  • Options
    Fulcrum45Fulcrum45 Member Posts: 621 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats Romeo! I was curious how you did. What did you think of the Performance Based Questions?
  • Options
    Fulcrum45 wrote: »
    Congrats Romeo! I was curious how you did. What did you think of the Performance Based Questions?

Thanks I appreciated your advice, they weren't bad at all, i think they actually brought my mark up!!!
  • Options
    Grats man!! Hoping to get mine done by the end of the month :)
    good luck with it
  • Options
    Jamesweb wrote: »
    Awesome Job on the pass! I have been studying myself now for a little over 4 months, read 4 books, have been working on 2 big practice exams one with 237 questions and another with over 400 and now certmaster. trying to nail down when I want to take my test in the next couple weeks. What all did you use for study?

I used the certified exam cram to study, used professor messer notes and videos to ingrain, and than alot of questions!!! if you've been studying for that long and that many books you'll do fine! I have no previous networking or IT experience
  • Options
    hisesahisesa Member Posts: 30 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Awesome Job!! Congratulations! What's next for you?
  • Options
    jones551jones551 Member Posts: 154 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    Next is Security +!
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!!
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    cyphaciphercyphacipher Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    kineticfskineticfs Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on your pass!! :D
    Goals for 2018: AWS Developer Associate COLOR=#008000]Completed[/COLOR / Solutions Architect COLOR=#ff8c00]In Progress[/COLOR
  • Options
    nachodbanachodba Member Posts: 201 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good job man, good luck on Sec +.
    2020 Goals
    work-life balance
  • Options
    cryptonightcryptonight Banned Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations.

It gave me a shot of confidence to ready your reply about studying for 4 months, 4 books, certmaster, questions, etc.
  • Options
    DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
    Congrats!

Congratulations.

It gave me a shot of confidence to ready your reply about studying for 4 months, 4 books, certmaster, questions, etc.

If you've been studying on/off for 4 months, your ready... the hardest part of test taking is physical scheduling the exam; having a date is much better for studying since you have a set goal. - Good luck!
  • Options
    H3||scr3amH3||scr3am Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass, and best of luck on your Sec+ studies. Also cool to see that you're in my area :D
  • Options
    cryptonightcryptonight Banned Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks Deathmage. I took Networking 1 in college in the fall and am taking Networking 2 this spring.

We use the book Network+ Guide to Networks 6th Edition by Tamara Dean published by CengageLearning.

I'm probably going to wait until just after my final exam in Networking 2 this coming spring and then take it while it's all still fresh on my mind after another week or two of hardcore exam prep.

I know a "pass is a pass", but knowing me, I'd like to be 100% confident and nothing less so that there isn't any possibility of a surprise on exam day.

I'd rather be guilty of over preparing and getting certified than to come up short.