Passed 801 - some concerns? about 802

shp192shp192 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello!

I passed my 801 with a score of 731 on Monday. As I was taking the exam, I felt quite...unprepared; and I wasn't exactly sure why. I studied with Professor Messer's videos, as well as Mike Meyer's CompTIA A+ guide (8th ed).

I think the biggest thing that caught me off guard was the amount of detail needed for some of the questions.

I intend to take the 802 within the next couple weeks, but I do not want to have this feeling of (self)doubt when I take it.
For this portion of the exam, I am going to sit with the objectives list next to me and go through the information with all the objectives in mind.

If you have any advice for me, please let me know.

Thanks!

Comments

• BetrayalBetrayal Member Posts: 108
    Make flash cards and do a lot of rote memorization. That will make things easier so for the questions that are truly hard, you can use process of elimination.
  • Super587Super587 Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I just took and passed 802 on Monday. I had a similar score as you for the 801. 802 IMO was slightly easier. Security made up a lot of questions so if you study well you should be able to pick up easy points on those questions.
  • cdxcdx Member Posts: 186
    Hi SHP192,

Try using ExamCompass | CompTIA Practice Exams to do practice tests for 802 before taking the exam. Also I would buy the Examcram book for $30 off amazon because it comes with a 100 practice test on a CD and also an amazing exam cram **** sheet to study before taking the test.

802 isn't much harder than the 801, they are roughly the same.

Good luck friend.
    Bachelor of Science - Information Technology - Security
    Associate of Science - Computer Information Systems
  • shp192shp192 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for all the advice!

I've take the first practice test on ExamCompass, and I missed 2 questions (of 25). So far, so good.
    I am currently reviewing through the 802 sections in Mike Meyer's guide. For the most part, I think I am fairly confident in the security-based questions of the exam, so hopefully, I can finish reviewing everything by the end of the weekend, finish up those practice exams, and write by the end of next week!

Thanks for all the help everyone!
  • houdini5150houdini5150 Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Go over stuff you don't feel confident about and remember those ideas. Also I think everyone's experience in either test is different. Feel like different versions of all the tests.... So best bet to cover it all. 👍