Options

Passed 801 This Morning

BoneSpurBoneSpur Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hey guys and gals,

I passed the 801 this morning with a 775. I was hoping to get a better score, but a pass is a pass. On to the 802. Test scheduled for Dec 19th. I was so worried about ports and networking questions, only had a few of them. I seemed to have alot of questions on the wireless standards and they were all tricky questions. I had 85 questions total.

I used Prof Messer videos online and also purchased his study quides. They are $10 each (801 & 802). To me, they are worth their price in gold. I liked having this study guide to read over at work, at home, in the car, etc. I created a study routine that has worked for me and I will continue to use it.

1. Print out objectives and skim over them.
2. Take any practice tests I can find - Examcompass is awesome and very close to real questions on 801.
Free MCTS MCITP CCNA CISSP and Network+ practice exams, study notes and forums
3. Find material in study book - Mike Myers All in One - that I didn't do well on for practice test.
4. While reading and studying try to find a way to make info stick; flashcards or silly phrases to help me out.
Ex. Port 23 - Michael Jordan likes to Telnet (He wore #23), I have to remote to the end of the world for RDP: Port 3389
5. Repeat steps 2-4 until I am satisfied on how I am doing.

I have been in IT for over 10 years but most of it has been in a non-tech role until now. I have my BS in MIS which to this point has not helped me at all... I am hoping it comes in handy down the road. I left a very good job to move and get married. Started over in help desk and working my way up at the age of 39. It is never too late to start.

If I can pass this test, ANYONE can!

Thanks to all the info on this board... this is a great site.

Calvin
All the effort in the world won't matter if you're not inspired. - Chuck Palahniuk

Comments