Options

Stanly Jan-Mar

MitechniqMitechniq Member Posts: 286 ■■■■□□□□□□
Just recieved an email to fill out their registration form, I hope I get in.

Comments

• Options
    GAB1900GAB1900 Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Got mine last week. I am just waiting to see what's next. Probably payment?
  • Options
    hiddenknight821hiddenknight821 Member Posts: 1,209 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I just got the same thing last week as well.

OP: I may be OCD, but I couldn't help noticing the title of the thread, Stanly Jan-Mar. I was thinking the title should be at least consistent with the other threads so that we can easily find it later. Just my two cents.
  • Options
    I just got the same thing last week as well.

OP: I may be OCD, but I couldn't help noticing the title of the thread, Stanly Jan-Mar. I was thinking the title should be at least consistent with the other threads so that we can easily find it later. Just my two cents.

Agree with you.
  • Options
    I have asked the moderators to change the title to better conform with the previous 'class' threads. Don't bash me to hard, the rest of the title threads call the school 'stanley' when it is actually 'stanly'.
  • Options
    Mitechniq wrote: »
    I have asked the moderators to change the title to better conform with the previous 'class' threads. Don't bash me to hard, the rest of the title threads call the school 'stanley' when it is actually 'stanly'.

Not a big deal. We appreciate you took the time to get a new thread started! icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    hurricane1091hurricane1091 Member Posts: 919 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I joined the waiting this earlier this month. Probably too late for this semester?
  • Options
    Kinet1cKinet1c Member Posts: 604 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I joined the waiting this earlier this month. Probably too late for this semester?

Yes definitely. I'm hoping to get put on the Summer semester next year and take 5.5.
    2018 Goals - Learn all the Hashicorp products

Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity
  • Options
    KrusaderKrusader Member Posts: 109
    Anybody receive the payment information email yet??
    2018 Goals
    AWS & Linux Knowledge
  • Options
    hurricane1091hurricane1091 Member Posts: 919 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Kinet1c wrote: »
    Yes definitely. I'm hoping to get put on the Summer semester next year and take 5.5.

Will it really take that long? I was thinking of starting my MCSA 2012R2 but was unsure since I did not know when this would start up for me.
  • Options
    It looks like they are planning to send notification emails by Monday, December 15th.
  • Options
    Just paid for the class, and I'm looking forward to it. Anyone's planning on getting the assigned textbooks? I'm still debating on whether I should order the textbook or use Scott Lowe's book.
  • Options
    Same here with the book. I guess I will wait until the class starts. If I see the need, I will go ahead an order them. Mainly the labs book, but if we're able to get it on PDF, then I am good. I have Lowe's and Atkinson's books, so probably I am good.
  • Options
    I paid for the book. I'll let you guys know the content of the kit when it comes in.
  • Options
    kly630kly630 Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I signed up for the class myself just recently after discovering the threads on this board and getting on the wait list in early october. Looking forward to it. I decided to buy both Scott Lowe's book and the textbook after seeing most people talk about the exams. Seems like Scott Lowe's book has a lot of depth to it just skimming through it.
  • Options
    KrusaderKrusader Member Posts: 109
    Signed up and paid for.
    Looking forward to it. Have Scott Lowe's book also
    2018 Goals
    AWS & Linux Knowledge
  • Options
    xocityxocity Member Posts: 230
    Signed up and paid for it. Paid for the book too. I have some pdfs but im starting from scratch with very little experience with Vmware besides basic functions. Might as well do it their way and not my own. Ill use my own pdfs and videos and ect and extra resources.
  • Options
    brownwrapbrownwrap Member Posts: 549
    I actually did not use their books at all, but did print out each lab.
  • Options
    fredmoofredmoo Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    hi guys, the course outline includes:
    • Install and configure ESXi
    • Install and configure vCenter Server
    i understand esxi is free to use. however, i can't find vcenter server. is this also free?
  • Options
    Anybody has any experience with VMware Press Book? Here is the link:

VCP5-DCV Official Certification Guide (Covering the VCP550 Exam): VMware Certified Professional 5 - Data Center Virtualization, 2nd Edition | Pearson IT Certification

I am wondering if it's more focused on the certification test than Lowe's book. Any comments?
  • Options
    muneebkalathilmuneebkalathil Member Posts: 148
    Joined the class .. :D

Can someone tell what are requirements for this class to FiNISh succesfully ?

Is there any attendacene system ?
    I saw somewhere , there should be 80% attendace . How this is calculated ?

Thank You
  • Options
    -hype-hype Member Posts: 165
    I signed up on the waitlist on November and didn't get an email? How long have you guys been on the waitlist?
    WGU BS IT:Network Administration
    Started: 10-1-13
    Completed: 9-21-14
    Transferred: 67 CU Completed: 54 CU
  • Options
    bermovickbermovick Member Posts: 1,135 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I signed up Sept 26.
    Latest Completed: CISSP

Current goal: Dunno
  • Options
    kly630kly630 Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    OK, paid for the class and I am starting to get ahead by studying the curriculum. I am a slow learner and I need to review the content several times so it sticks. I started reading:

- Sybex VCP-DCV 5.5 Study Guide - Chapters 1 and 2.
    - VMware Official Certification Guide VCP-DCV 5.5. Chapter 1.

I am using the Sybex as my main text book and doing all the labs. Then I will read VMware's book for complement/review. I am not doing the labs in the OCG (I am not sure if there are any, I just got started). I may do them as double practice being careful of not messing up the main labs.

In a side note, I got the VMware press book plus the premium edition book for about $45.00. I got the Sybex from Amazon a couple of months back.

Anybody doing the same and getting an early start?
  • Options
    xocityxocity Member Posts: 230
    I Signed up sometime in September
  • Options
    I received the VMware IT Academy book yesterday and I am quite disappointed with the content and layout of the book. I think it is enough to pass the class but not even close enough to pass the exam. I will probably take the time after the class reading Scott Lowe's book before sitting for the exam.
  • Options
    Someone pointed out that this is just an ICM (install, configure, manage) class, which doesn't cover everything on the blueprint. So, if you purchased the textbook that goes with the course, then that book should suffices for the class alone. You might want to get the VMware Press book covering VCP5-DCV.
  • Options
    LeifAlireLeifAlire Member Posts: 106
    Registered and payed for the class and am very excited to take it...
    2015 Goals: VCP-550 - CISA - 70-417
  • Options
    Someone pointed out that this is just an ICM (install, configure, manage) class, which doesn't cover everything on the blueprint. So, if you purchased the textbook that goes with the course, then that book should suffices for the class alone. You might want to get the VMware Press book covering VCP5-DCV.

For what I've seen so far (see my post above regarding books), I like Sybex's VCP-DCV Study guide (5.5) by Atkinson better than the VMware book. It is much more organized and the sequencing is well planned. I love Pearson's Cisco books, but for VMware, I think Sybex did a better job. I will give more comments as I advance reading both books side by side. Once I finish both books along with Stanly's class, I will go thru Lowe's book in detail, I hope to have a better understanding of ESXi by then.

/g
  • Options
    alexfamousalexfamous Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Bump.....

Has anyone received anything from the professor of the class regarding next week. I know the class starts next tuesday. Just asking/