Options

Stanly Jan-Mar

Comments

• Options
    GAB1900GAB1900 Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I see people reserving labs at two different pods at the same time? Why would the system let's them to that? Come'on people, there are not many pods to take more than what you need. No more openings for tonight.
  • Options
    hiddenknight821hiddenknight821 Member Posts: 1,209 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I KNOW, RIGHT! Tell me about it, GAB1900. I'm just relieved that 5 pods are up and running now. More should be coming in the next few days.

Thanks for warning us about Lab 2 taking too long, I've decided to extend the lab to 2.5 hours. Wish me luck. By the way, I'd encourage you guys to start booking reservations in advance. I'm doing that now as we speak.
  • Options
    LextanLextan Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I had to do the same thing for lab 2, I did notice the performance of the lab pods have improved with the fix, so it may be less of a problem. I managed to get all the available labs a quizzes done so far.

If anything the performance and availability issues have made me glad grabbed autolab, and set it up on a refurb server. Though it is nice it seems greatly improved so far.

Lextan
  • Options
    xocityxocity Member Posts: 230
    I know what you mean but I kinda get it. I reserved like 2 hours for Lab 1 and only used like 35/40 min. I closed the lab and immediately scheduled Lab2 on a different POD . There is some overlap but its because I finished the first one early.
  • Options
    Now the whole website seems to be down. I couldn't even visit Stanly main webpage. Just our luck. icon_sad.gif
  • Options
    Lab website I still up.
    NETLAB Professional Edition - Login

Sucks that main website is down.
  • Options
    kly630kly630 Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hopefully the website wasn't hosted in the same setup as the pods.
  • Options
    zcarenowzcarenow Member Posts: 110
    anyone have issues with lab where port test not working? it keeps timing out.
  • Options
    bermovickbermovick Member Posts: 1,135 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Just re-ran and it worked for me.
    Latest Completed: CISSP

Current goal: Dunno
  • Options
    got it workin using different brower(firefox). also, i finished the lab 1, but no confirmation whether it was completed successfully? also, there were fill in blanks question...how do you answer those online? there wasn't a place to put your answers. i went to my form and did a submission and hopefully it gets graded or something...dont know
  • Options
    As far as we've been able to determine, the instructor can see what you did in the lab. You don't need to actually "answer" any of the questions from the pdf. If you've done the submission (with the date you completed the lab), you're done with it.

• Options
    Just finished Lab 2. You guys got me worried for nothing. icon_lol.gif It should take no more than an hour and half to finish it. Although the last section (5) got me stumped when I was working on it. I logged in the vCenter Server Appliance, but I got vcenter-2 instead of vcenter-1. I was convinced it was an error, but I kept going anyway.
  • Options
    Yea lab 2 has been the longest lab so far. Im on Lab 6. Labs 3-5 shouldn't take more then 45 min each. So far it hasn't been so hard I think.

Has anyone gotten any grades for the labs yet?
  • Options
    I finished lab 11 last night, and most are about 30-40 minutes so far.

No grades yet, which worries me a bit. If you can re-do labs you don't do right the first time and they wait until the due date to grade them, then are you still able to try again if you're past the due date?

Not that I'm THAT worried -- the labs have all been pretty easy.

• Options
    StevenP2013StevenP2013 Member Posts: 23 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Just finished Lab 2. You guys got me worried for nothing. icon_lol.gif It should take no more than an hour and half to finish it. Although the last section (5) got me stumped when I was working on it. I logged in the vCenter Server Appliance, but I got vcenter-2 instead of vcenter-1. I was convinced it was an error, but I kept going anyway.

I experienced the same issue last night. I was flying right up to around page 17 or 18 in about an hour. I started thinking, why did others say 1:45 or even 2 hours? I clicked Ok and then looked at the lab manual and it said make sure it says vcenter-1 and mine said vcenter-2. I started retracing my steps, tried to go back and the original login from the beginning had timed out, so I went back to find that password. I finally just left it as vcenter-2. But I finished in anout 1:30. But I work with manuals on the right of my screen and work area on the left every day. While I am waiting for something to load, I look ahead and try to understand the next steps. That saved me a lot of time.
  • Options
    To the other person who was having troubles ctrl+alt'ing out of the VM consoles, I just found if you hold both keys down, eventually the "Hint" to do so greys out -- before I kept hitting them until it took, but now within a couple seconds of holding them it releases the cursor.

• Options
    bermovick wrote: »
    I finished lab 11 last night, and most are about 30-40 minutes so far.

No grades yet, which worries me a bit. If you can re-do labs you don't do right the first time and they wait until the due date to grade them, then are you still able to try again if you're past the due date?

Not that I'm THAT worried -- the labs have all been pretty easy.

How are you able to see Lab 11? All i see ri.ght now is up to lab 6
  • Options
    I see up to Module 13, with labs up to lab 22 (part of module 11)

• Options
    I see up to Module 13, with labs up to lab 22 (part of module 11)

I can see all 22 labs when i go to assign a reservation, but i was talking about the syllabus part...i don't see anything beyond lab 6.....very odd...anyone else see what i'm seeing?

• Options
    zcarenow wrote: »
    I can see all 22 labs when i go to assign a reservation, but i was talking about the syllabus part...i don't see anything beyond lab 6.....very odd...anyone else see what i'm seeing?

I can see the same as you. That's how it is designed to be. Eventually the teacher will publish newer modules but not all at once.
  • Options
    cypher2decyphercypher2decypher Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Just for clarity sake, after the completion of the course, which exam are we supposed to register for. I have been seeing exam codes like VCP550 and VCP550PSE. What's the difference, if any? Do they cover the same content?
  • Options
    cypher2decyphercypher2decypher Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    How exactly are we supposed to end the labs? Is it to shut down the hosts first and then clicking I'm done, or to just click on I'm done straight away. I know the lab instructions stated that we should shut down the lab systems lab completion. I just want some clarity
  • Options
    I haven't done anything beyond what the instructions say. Sometimes they have you shut down one of the VMs, but never anything beyond that.

• Options
    GAB1900 wrote: »
    I can see the same as you. That's how it is designed to be. Eventually the teacher will publish newer modules but not all at once.

Well apparently mine isn't designed right then.

• Options
    Well apparently mine isn't designed right then.

You must have a different instructor. Probably it's at the teacher's discretion on how/when to release the modules. I am not an expert, just for what I've read so far. My instructor have made available up to module 4 so far.
  • Options
    I am now reading Virtual Switches, module 5. If any of you have the book, check page 193. The graph shows where the delete the virtual switch but I believe that's incorrect. That red X deletes the selected port group (VM Network in this case). To delete the switch you will have to click on the red X below the Virtual Switches heading. Can someone confirm that?
  • Options
    GAB1900 wrote: »
    I am now reading Virtual Switches, module 5. If any of you have the book, check page 193. The graph shows where the delete the virtual switch but I believe that's incorrect. That red X deletes the selected port group (VM Network in this case). To delete the switch you will have to click on the red X below the Virtual Switches heading. Can someone confirm that?

Who is your instructor? I think people seeing different modules depends on the instructors. Not sure if every instructor is using a different module, so thanks for letting us know about the virtual switches issue.
  • Options
    Question if anyone can answer. After this class is over, is there a time frame we have to actually take the exam? Or does this fill the requirement and we can take an exam whenever?
  • Options
    xocity wrote: »
    Question if anyone can answer. After this class is over, is there a time frame we have to actually take the exam? Or does this fill the requirement and we can take an exam whenever?

You can take it at any time, even now before the class is over. If you pass it, you will not be certified until you have complete the requirement class.

On a side note, when you take the test, make sure you study the blueprint. It is well documented in this forum, on the vMWare website and on page 9 on the book for this class: "This course gives you critical information that you must have for the exam, but it does not give you everything". So you better study for the exam way beyond this class. Consider this class a requirement, and not the training for the actual test.
  • Options
    I understand that , I just want to make sure that If I finish this class and wait a year to take the actual exam it wont be a problem.