Options

Stanly Jan-Mar

Comments

• Options
    KrusaderKrusader Member Posts: 109
    Essendon wrote: »
    Starwind iSCSI SAN is probably easier to setup and manage. Runs like a charm, I've never had a problem with it in the 4 or so years I've been using it.

Cheers I will give it ago, see how it fairs
    2018 Goals
    AWS & Linux Knowledge
  • Options
    hiddenknight821hiddenknight821 Member Posts: 1,209 ■■■■■■□□□□
    The 5-day fast-pace training is really intended for IT professionals with experiences and knowledge. So, don't feel so terrible if you're totally new to the field. I'm new to VMware, but I've dabbled in this and that. I've played with oVirt, which is like the linux 'open-source' version of vSphere.
  • Options
    LextanLextan Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm just starting module 7, looks rather straight forward. All in all the course has been rather straight forward. Of course it helps I have been dabbling with Workstation and Esxi.
  • Options
    LeifAlireLeifAlire Member Posts: 106
    So far no problems with the course, at home I setup 2 ESXi hosts, VCenter, Domain Controller. I have been pushing myself to learn this stuff after doing not much for 2014.
    2015 Goals: VCP-550 - CISA - 70-417
  • Options
    LextanLextan Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I setup esxi on a dell r710 (Dual L5640s and 48GB ram) that I picked up. for the moment just been dabbling with autolab, as well as configuring it to work with my cisco lab switches.
  • Options
    zcarenowzcarenow Member Posts: 110
    Does anyone know if the certification has really helped in getting a job or put at top of the list? Also for those who have a job, are the rates much higher with the cert than without it? Anyone confirm?
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    It definitely helped me get experience with vSphere at one of my previous jobs. Many companies have this requirement of a VCP for roles, so with you having it would put you into that list. Rates being higher or not is a subjective thing and besides it's not an expert level cert so dont expect "much" higher rates. The VCAP's on the other hand really helped me get a lot more money.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    hiddenknight821hiddenknight821 Member Posts: 1,209 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I've been meaning to ask this. So is the VCP-DCV pretty much like the "CCNA/MCSA/RHCSA" of virtualization despite the 'P' in VCP being professional level?
  • Options
    Yeah that'll be about right. It isnt entry level for sure. The 'P' in there doesnt necessarily mean 'professional' as we'd think, it's just VMware terminology. The VCP is kind of equal to the CCNA, but falls short of the MCSA and well short of the RHCSA, this is IMO. The MCSA is like 2-3 tough tests.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

• Options
    i havent looked into the VCAP yet since still going for VCP, but what other additional test is there that one needs to take?
  • Options
    None, the VCP is a prerequisite to the VCAP. Dont look at the VCAP's any more though, with the changes to the certification process (announced by VMware overnight) you need to now look at the VCIX.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

• Options
    Essendon wrote: »
    None, the VCP is a prerequisite to the VCAP. Dont look at the VCAP's any more though, with the changes to the certification process (announced by VMware overnight) you need to now look at the VCIX.

I wonder though if we have to take another course just to sit for the exam or can we just study for it and take the exam?
  • Options
    No course pre-reqs for the VCAP/VCIX. Just need a VCP.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

• Options
    STANLY_CCSTANLY_CC Member Posts: 338 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Please feel free to "pm" me anytime you are not satisfied with something in the course.
    GAB1900 wrote: »
    So far I am very disappointed of the quality of the class. Obviously it is just for the requirement that vmware has for the test. Even they tell you is not enough.... no kidding!! I got spoiled because I just went through the Cisco Academy and that's top notch training. Maybe VMware needs to hire the people who did the Cisco Academy's curriculum to design their class.

I know, I am just venting, but seriously, VMware needs to do a better job on the content for this class. I know Stanly is very economical compared to other providers, so no complaint there.
  • Options
    Check with your instructor because the vouchers do have expiration dates.
    xocity wrote: »
    I understand that , I just want to make sure that If I finish this class and wait a year to take the actual exam it wont be a problem.
  • Options
    GAB1900GAB1900 Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
    STANLY_CC wrote: »
    Please feel free to "pm" me anytime you are not satisfied with something in the course.

Thank you for the reply. There is nothing wrong with Stanly, you are doing an awesome job. Delivering the official curriculum, nice set of labs and an incredible price! My problem is with the VMware curriculum itself. I guess I should not complaint since we know the content is not deep enough, I knew that before I started the class.

Good job Stanly, we appreciate what you do! I am recommending your class to anybody who is interested in getting their certification in VMware.
  • Options
    Thank you for your clarification. We strive to offer the best learning solutions possible. Please let me know if you need any assistance moving forward.
    Thank you for the reply. There is nothing wrong with Stanly, you are doing an awesome job. Delivering the official curriculum, nice set of labs and an incredible price! My problem is with the VMware curriculum itself. I guess I should not complaint since we know the content is not deep enough, I knew that before I started the class.

Good job Stanly, we appreciate what you do! I am recommending your class to anybody who is interested in getting their certification in VMware.
  • Options
    deltaman2012deltaman2012 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you for your clarification. We strive to offer the best learning solutions possible. Please let me know if you need any assistance moving forward.

Hi Stanly, I registered my name in the waiting list a couple of days before. Still waiting for mail for enrollment. Could you please inform me how long would it take? Thanks.
  • Options
    mstd0nmstd0n Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Can anyone tell me the total cost of this class, book, and exam voucher through Stanly? I found a couple hits on the forum from 2013, but wasn't sure if there were any changes in pricing in the past two years.
  • Options
    joelsfoodjoelsfood Member Posts: 1,027 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Class was 185
    Book is 66.70, including shipping
    Voucher, with the Vmware store discount on Stanly site, is 67.50.

Not sure if there is a voucher aftter completing the class that might be cheaper
  • Options
    mstd0nmstd0n Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
    joelsfood wrote: »
    Class was 185

Not sure if there is a voucher aftter completing the class that might be cheaper
    That's nuts! Now I see why the wait list for this class is so long.
  • Options
    In order to be fair to all who wish to take this class, we enroll students in the VMware courses in the order in which they registered on the online wait list. For the January 2015 classes, we enrolled students who had registration dates through mid-October 2014. If you just registered, most likely you will be contacted for the May or August 2015 class at the earliest. We apologize for the delay, but as you can imagine these classes are extremely popular. We make every effort to accommodate all students in a timely manner. As names come off the list for whatever reason, we move up the next name on the list.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Hi Stanly, I registered my name in the waiting list a couple of days before. Still waiting for mail for enrollment. Could you please inform me how long would it take? Thanks.
  • Options
    Shipping costs vary depending on where you are located. The actual price of the book is in the $43 range.
    joelsfood wrote: »
    Class was 185

• Options
    deltaman2012deltaman2012 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    In order to be fair to all who wish to take this class, we enroll students in the VMware courses in the order in which they registered on the online wait list. For the January 2015 classes, we enrolled students who had registration dates through mid-October 2014. If you just registered, most likely you will be contacted for the May or August 2015 class at the earliest. We apologize for the delay, but as you can imagine these classes are extremely popular. We make every effort to accommodate all students in a timely manner. As names come off the list for whatever reason, we move up the next name on the list.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Thanks a lot for the clarification.
  • Options
    kly630kly630 Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Slowly but I am getting it. I just don't know how some people are able to take a 5 day class and be able to digest all this. It is great that Stanly is able to spread it in an 8-week period.
    Have to agree here. The pricing and the scheduling make this worth it.

I have a year's experience myself in vmware and it's still helped to be able to work over a more extended period on the topics in the evening, rather than taking a week off work for training. And since I'm in a company who's training budget never materialized and likely never will, it's helped to get training at this price, even though there's a bit of a wait.
  • Options
    does anyone know the exam # for this? what exam # it is under?
  • Options
    xocityxocity Member Posts: 230
    Anyone know how long it usually takes for them to grade the class and meet the class requirement on vmware portal?
  • Options
    bermovickbermovick Member Posts: 1,135 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Mine shows all grading has been done. I'm really not sure what to do now though.
    Latest Completed: CISSP

Current goal: Dunno
  • Options
    xocityxocity Member Posts: 230
    Same here. I think we have to wait for the class to be over. According to the FAQ's , they will reach out to us. hmmm
  • Options
    just practice doing the labs if you're already done with all the labs. play around with the labs as more practice or build your own lab until class ends on march 10th.