Options

Stanly Jan-Mar

Comments

• Options
    MitechniqMitechniq Member Posts: 286 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Overall the class was great, the ROI is beyond what I expected. Class, Labs, Modules, Free VMWare Software and Exam Discount puts this class as a must for anyone trying to find training to meet VMware pre-requisites. Will you pass the exam after you finish this course, no but it is a good start to familiarize yourself with the terminology and the layout of the software.
  • Options
    cypher2decyphercypher2decypher Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Mitechniq wrote: »
    Overall the class was great, the ROI is beyond what I expected. Class, Labs, Modules, Free VMWare Software and Exam Discount puts this class as a must for anyone trying to find training to meet VMware pre-requisites. Will you pass the exam after you finish this course, no but it is a good start to familiarize yourself with the terminology and the layout of the software.
    were u able to get the exam discount from the store? Have(will) u register for the exam before the class is over? Can one attempt the exam before fulfilling the class requirements and tthen apply the class to one's vmware account once the training is done to get the cert?
  • Options
    zcarenowzcarenow Member Posts: 110
    were u able to get the exam discount from the store? Have(will) u register for the exam before the class is over? Can one attempt the exam before fulfilling the class requirements and tthen apply the class to one's vmware account once the training is done to get the cert?

discount isn't available until after the class is over. you will have to wait for that before registering for the exam unless you don't care about the discount. If not, you can register for the exam and take it before the class is over.
  • Options
    GreaterNinjaGreaterNinja Member Posts: 271
    just wanna give you guys a heads up. Dreamspark / hubspark has 70% off vcp voucher as well. You don't even need to take a course either. You can self-study for this VCP exam voucher.
  • Options
    STANLY_CCSTANLY_CC Member Posts: 338 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You should have received an email from your instructor regarding your self-registration with your MyLearn account. If you have not received this, please contact your instructor ASAP. This is the only way you will receive credit for the course as well as your voucher.
    zcarenow wrote: »
    discount isn't available until after the class is over. you will have to wait for that before registering for the exam unless you don't care about the discount. If not, you can register for the exam and take it before the class is over.
  • Options
    STANLY_CC wrote: »
    You should have received an email from your instructor regarding your self-registration with your MyLearn account. If you have not received this, please contact your instructor ASAP. This is the only way you will receive credit for the course as well as your voucher.

I already registered. How do I go about getting the voucher and how long is it valid? Thank you.
  • Options
    Please contact your instructor to give you this information.
    I already registered. How do I go about getting the voucher and how long is it valid? Thank you.
  • Options
    xocityxocity Member Posts: 230
    Just got the Pass for the Class. Thanks @Stanly_cc on a great course.
  • Options
    muneebkalathilmuneebkalathil Member Posts: 148
    Cant enter the class now .. I think its removed. .
    What we should do next ????
  • Options
    Thank you. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any further assistance.
    xocity wrote: »
    Just got the Pass for the Class. Thanks @Stanly_cc on a great course.
  • Options
    You should have received instructions from your instructor last week. If you have questions, please contact him as soon as you can.
    Cant enter the class now .. I think its removed. .
    What we should do next ????
  • Options
    I have asked my instructor about the voucher. He said vmware will send us the voucher. I have also checked myTranscript page on my myLearn account; the class has also been marked as passed. I was even able to download my certificate of completion.

My question is which exam code are we to register for, VCP510, VCP550, VCP510PSE or VCP550PSE. I think it has to be either VCP550 or VCP550PSE. I need an authoritative answer.
  • Options
    just wanna give you guys a heads up. Dreamspark / hubspark has 70% off vcp voucher as well. You don't even need to take a course either. You can self-study for this VCP exam voucher.

How do we access the 70% discount voucher from dreamspack or hubspack
  • Options
    joelsfoodjoelsfood Member Posts: 1,027 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Cypher, when you get the voucher, it should say which exam it is valid for.
  • Options
    So according to Stanly, you get the voucher once you Request Authorization from VMware to take your VCP Certification Test....then VMware will be sending you a voucher code.
  • Options
    I submitted the request yesterday afternoon and got it authorized, havnt received the voucher yet. Maybe it takes a few days.
  • Options
    FYI..It can take up to 2 weeks from VMware.
    xocity wrote: »
    I submitted the request yesterday afternoon and got it authorized, havnt received the voucher yet. Maybe it takes a few days.
  • Options
    STANLY_CC wrote: »
    FYI..It can take up to 2 weeks from VMware.

Thanks!
  • Options
    Has anybody received the discount voucher yet?
  • Options
    Has anybody received the discount voucher yet?

nope not yet.
  • Options
    bermovickbermovick Member Posts: 1,135 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Neither of us have either. We googled and found various different pieces of information (mostly from previous threads here) on how to get the voucher, but none of them worked. The missus went ahead and paid full price for the exam since it'll get reimbursed, but that still really sucks.
    Latest Completed: CISSP

Current goal: Dunno
  • Options
    Any news about the discount code yet?
  • Options
    Page 5/6 of this thread documented how to get the code a while ago

"found and downloaded the voucher discount code on a vmware store link someone on the stanly moodle website. The voucher discount code took the cost of the exam voucher from $225 to about $67. Hopefully that's the right one. It was something like a 70% discount.

Edit:
    Link is toward the top left of the webpage after you log into and select your class. Says "access VMware store""
  • Options
    Yeah, that was one of the (varied) directions I followed, but I was unable to log into the store.

• Options
    joelsfood wrote: »
    Page 5/6 of this thread documented how to get the code a while ago

"found and downloaded the voucher discount code on a vmware store link someone on the stanly moodle website. The voucher discount code took the cost of the exam voucher from $225 to about $67. Hopefully that's the right one. It was something like a 70% discount.

Edit:
    Link is toward the top left of the webpage after you log into and select your class. Says "access VMware store""

Yea. I used to see the link when the Jan-Mar batch was still on. But unfortunately, I didnt download the code and the class is over so there's no longer access to the page or link even if one logs in to the moodle the registered username and password. I was told vmware will send the voucher to all students. Has anyone received it yet?
  • Options
    hiddenknight821hiddenknight821 Member Posts: 1,209 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I got an email from the instructor in the moodle a while ago saying that the exam code is invalid, which makes sense now. I downloaded the code from the VMware store too prior to the end of class date, and I only got the code for the vSphere 5.1 exam.
  • Options
    over 2 weeks now and still no discount code vmware site....very odd.
  • Options
    over 2 weeks now and still no discount code vmware site....very odd.
    I can't wait for the discount anymore. I'm already behind schedule. I would pay the full price. Just trying to decide which exam code to register for. VCP550 or VCP550 PSE. Don't tell me to ask my instructor. Already done that and I did not receive any answer.
  • Options
    The missus just went ahead and paid the full cost. I want to say how sucky it is to not get the discount, but in the big picture it was still better than paying several thousand for the (official?) vmware week-long class.

• Options
    cypher, I don't think it matters. You need to take the PSE one if you want the voucher, but eitehr test should be fine towards actual certification, assuming the course credit is showing properly on your transcript at Vmware mylearn.