Options

Stanly Jan-Mar

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    cypher2decyphercypher2decypher Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    joelsfood wrote: »
    cypher, I don't think it matters. You need to take the PSE one if you want the voucher, but eitehr test should be fine towards actual certification, assuming the course credit is showing properly on your transcript at Vmware mylearn.
    Yea. The course credit is showing. Although nothing is showing under the score column. Does this matter? I downloaded the certificate and it shows as completed.check it out.
  • Options
    joelsfoodjoelsfood Member Posts: 1,027 ■■■■■■□□□□
    That should be fine. Neither of my VCP courses show scores, just one of the VSP (VTSP?) courses.
  • Options
    zcarenowzcarenow Member Posts: 110
    Anyone get news or info on when the discount code will be sent? still nothing as of today for me...im beginning to think now that there never was any discount code given. It seems as if no one who had taken this class from Jan-Mar ever received one.
  • Options
    hiddenknight821hiddenknight821 Member Posts: 1,209 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Keep calm. I just got the email regarding the discount code. I hope this motivates people again to pursue the certification. I'll admit I was losing motivation too when we didn't get the discount code right away. The code I was given doesn't expired until October 2016. Cheers!
  • Options
    muneebkalathilmuneebkalathil Member Posts: 148
    Got the 70% discount voucher :D ..
    Expires Oct 1, 2016 :D

Please check Spam also.
    I got the mail from spam :) ..
  • Options
    KrusaderKrusader Member Posts: 109
    How long were you waiting for the voucher code?

I requested authorisation today to take the exam, will it take 2 weeks to be emailed?
    I plan on taking the exam in May
    2018 Goals
    AWS & Linux Knowledge
  • Options
    Seems to be precisely 4 weeks after, but I can't guarantee it. Our class end date got delayed by a week due to a problem with Stanly pod servers, and we couldn't do our lab for the first few days.
  • Options
    zcarenowzcarenow Member Posts: 110
    Krusader wrote: »
    How long were you waiting for the voucher code?

I requested authorisation today to take the exam, will it take 2 weeks to be emailed?
    I plan on taking the exam in May

Okay, I got the code today.

What the other posters who received the discount code neglected to tell you was that a course evaluation needed to be filled out in order for you to get a discount voucher code. You should be getting an email about filling out an evaluation of the course. Once you do, a code will be emailed you and it expires on October 1st 2016, so be sure to fill out the evaluation of the class, so that you can get the discount code.

I can't believe all these other posters were holding out the info and not telling everyone...smh.
  • Options
    Thanks for that. I didn't fill out the evaluation form
    2018 Goals
    AWS & Linux Knowledge
  • Options
    bermovickbermovick Member Posts: 1,135 ■■■■□□□□□□
    zcarenow wrote: »
    Okay, I got the code today.

What the other posters who received the discount code neglected to tell you was that a course evaluation needed to be filled out in order for you to get a discount voucher code. You should be getting an email about filling out an evaluation of the course. Once you do, a code will be emailed you and it expires on October 1st 2016, so be sure to fill out the evaluation of the class, so that you can get the discount code.

I can't believe all these other posters were holding out the info and not telling everyone...smh.

I don't think there was any purposeful witholding of information, so much as not expecting it to take A MONTH before the vouchers were sent out. Not to mention a screwup between Stanly and VMWare where the class credit didn't correctly apply to your myvmware account (My wife ended up passing the exam after just paying for it herself, then being told she couldn't get the certification due to not having taken the class, and had to jump through hoops to get everything straightened out). SMH indeed.
    Latest Completed: CISSP

Current goal: Dunno
  • Options
    STANLY_CCSTANLY_CC Member Posts: 338 ■■■■□□□□□□
    As frustrated as you feel as students over the delay in getting your discount vouchers,we at SCC are just as frustrated. VMware no longer allows the academies to give out the vouchers, and they have changed their procedures to obtaining a voucher several times. However, your instructors have sent emails regarding the now required evaluations and instrcutions on how to register your MyLearn account. They should be your first point of contact when you have an issue. If you don't get a response from them, please let me know.
  • Options
    tacobelldog52tacobelldog52 Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Would anyone like to sell their stanly book/s. ?
  • Options
    I can tell you that you don't really need the book for the class. You can do away with Lowe's book if Stanly's still doing 5.5. I don't even use the book for the class itself, but you'd need it to prepare for the exam.
  • Options
    msterling21msterling21 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Would anyone like to sell their stanly book/s. ?

I'll sell you mine. It's still in the cardboard shipping box.
  • Options
    joelsfoodjoelsfood Member Posts: 1,027 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Heh, yeah, mine's sitting on the shelf in the plastic still here. You definitely don't have to have it, but it can be useful, particularly if you're new to VMware.
  • Options
    Received my 70% off voucher today, so close to a month waiting after filling out the online survey.
    Now to book the test and cram. icon_study.gif
    2018 Goals
    AWS & Linux Knowledge
  • Options
    tacobelldog52tacobelldog52 Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Well if anyone wants to sell or get rid of their book(s) pm me with your price and shipping.
  • Options
    Anyone pass the exam yet?
    I've mine booked for 6th June
    2018 Goals
    AWS & Linux Knowledge
  • Options
    I can't even register. When using the voucher I was (finally) emailed, Pearson errors with
    The exam for which you are registering requires a special voucher or promotion code. If you require further assistance, please contact a Pearson VUE Call Center.

At this point I'm really doubting if the cert is even worth the useless hoops vmware puts you through just to represent them with one of their certs.

UPDATE

According to Pearson, the voucher vmware sends for completing the class cannot be used for the exam I'm eligible to take for completing the class. Yup.

• Options
    GAB1900GAB1900 Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
    bermovick wrote: »
    According to Pearson, the voucher vmware sends for completing the class cannot be used for the exam I'm eligible to take for completing the class. Yup.

What? Can you explain that.
  • Options
    I don't even know, but after being on hold with Pearson's phone support, I was told the voucher I was sent does not match/is not for the exam I am approved to take (VCP550PSE: VMware Certified Professional - Data Center Virtualization). I've emailed the class instructor to see how to get it resolved, cause that's a $175 difference in exam cost.

• Options
    I registered for the VCP550 an I was able to use the 70% off voucher.
    Though it did take me 2 weeks to sort stuff out with pearson about my vmware account
    2018 Goals
    AWS & Linux Knowledge
  • Options
    Was it the VCP550 or the VCP550PSE? The PSE version is the only one Pearson lists as available for me, and the for the life of me, I haven't been able to find a way to access/select the 'normal' VCP550 exam to try using the voucher for that (which is what VMWare support is wanting me to try as well)

• Options
    jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    bermovick wrote: »
    Was it the VCP550 or the VCP550PSE? The PSE version is the only one Pearson lists as available for me, and the for the life of me, I haven't been able to find a way to access/select the 'normal' VCP550 exam to try using the voucher for that (which is what VMWare support is wanting me to try as well)

Tried requesting authorization for 550 here : https://mylearn.vmware.com/quiz.cfm?item=53119 ?
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • Options
    .......... now I have.

• Options
    Passed today, score of 416/500. Actually thought as I was doing the test I would scrape a pass if i did pass. Chuffed to score over 400
    2018 Goals
    AWS & Linux Knowledge
  • Options
    GreaterNinjaGreaterNinja Member Posts: 271
    Krusader wrote: »
    Passed today, score of 416/500. Actually thought as I was doing the test I would scrape a pass if i did pass. Chuffed to score over 400

Congratulations Krusader!

I am taking the class now. Would you mind telling me how many hours of studying time it will take to complete the class? I have a VMware VCP voucher already from WGU and I am wondering if its possible to learn everything in a day or two. I have 3 years VMware workstation experience and about 3 months vsphere 5.5 experience. Ok sleeping pills time its 4:30am.
  • Options
    To complete the class roughly 30-40hrs
    The course alone isn't enough to pass the exam.
    2018 Goals
    AWS & Linux Knowledge