Options

Passed CISSP (No Experience,1st attempt)

awais1116@hotmail.comawais1116@hotmail.com Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
Thanks to Almighty, Today I passed my CISSP exam in 1st go icon_cheers.gif.I would like to thank my family for their prayers my study buddies Saad, Manssor & Ali for their company and this forum for giving me insight into how to pass exam.

My Background:
I am an accounts graduate with less than 1 year experience in IT Auditing however had already passed the exam of CISA and CISM Certifications.

Study Plan:
I devoted approximately 10 months to studies. On avg. Studied 2.5 hours each day .Solved alooooot of questions,memorized a lot of stuff (though memorization didn't help that much in exam)

Books
  1. CISSP Official ISC2 Guide (Read twice cover to cover,skim read third time)
  2. Eric Conraid Book (Read twice cover to cover)
  3. Shaun AIO (Read Crypto,BCP & Physical security Domains)
Practice Questions
  1. Total Tester (Solved thrice)(Good for actual exam)
  2. McGraw Hill (Solved Twice)(Good for actual exam)
  3. CCCure (Solved Twice)(No that useful)
  4. ISC2 I Store App (Gives you some real feel of exam)
  5. Skill set (Solved around 1000-1200 questions)(Good practice)
  6. 4 Mock Exams (From different Sources)
  7. Many other sources like end of book questions from AIO, OIG, ERIC etc

Exam Experience
I believe that exam was fair but tough on concepts most of the questions were 2,3 liners, there were a few drag and drop questions.Most of the time 2 options were really confusing and close.The questions were mainly checking the concept,the exam was not that technical and as posted earlier on this forum many time "Think like a Manager" approach is best.6 hour time is more than enough to solve 250 questions.

Bottom line

The CISSP exam is fair, conceptual and tough but with right level of dedication, knowledge, Experience (Not in my case icon_wink.gif) and practice you can nail it.Even the fresh guys like me can do it to become ISC2 associate member.

Now on to gaining 5 years experience.

Comments