Options

Passed ICND1 !!!

spacenoxxspacenoxx Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
As mentioned, I took my exam today. Was a bit worried about weird questions, but did pretty OK I guess icon_wink.gif

933/1000

I have only 3 words to say about the exam :

1. Frames
2. OSPF
3. Subnetting

They have this clause on the paper about verifying if the attempt is genuine. I didn't even touch the laminated board I was given. I mean after so much of subnetting practice, I can do most in my head unless a Class A subnetting is involved. Should I worry about that?

Got my confirmation mail and the logos are available as well icon_smile.gif

Comments

• Options
    I have set myself a target to complete CCNP in the next 4 months. I do have about 10+ years IT experience but not hardcore Networking. Just basic office VLAN management, PIX/ASA, and an occasional ACL on the Routers icon_wink.gif

For ICND1 I depended mostly on :

1. CBT Nuggets (good for getting fairly decent understanding of topics involved)
    2. Odom Cert Guide. (Without CBT Nuggets, OSPF and IPv6 would have been a bit more difficult to understand. But once you have the basics from the Videos, this book is a MUST)
    3. Boson ExSIM ( Practice Exams to get an idea of how a real Cisco Exam feels like)
    4. Cisco Packet Tracer ( GNS3 always crashes on my notebook)

Going for ICND2 now.

Follow more or less the same path : CBT Nuggets, and Odom. May skip the Boson Practice Tests, but will see.

Any recommendations?
  • Options
    broli720broli720 Member Posts: 394 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats and don't rush yourself. Make sure you're learning all the material and can apply it in a production environment. I'd say wait on the ccnp until you're in a full time engineering role. Good luck in your studies.
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice. Really appreciate it and I know I am probably rushing, but if I don't, I tend to get lazy. If I don't set a target for myself, it would be similar to writing " I will quit smoking from tomorrow" on the wall <==> not happening icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    OfWolfAndManOfWolfAndMan Member Posts: 923 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Great score and congrats! I second the OSPF and subnetting statement.
    :study:Reading: Lab Books, Ansible Documentation, Python Cookbook 2018 Goals: More Ansible/Python work for Automation, IPSpace Automation Course [X], Build Jenkins Framework for Network Automation []
  • Options
    Great score and congrats! I second the OSPF and subnetting statement.

Thanks. Subnetting was always easy. I mean I first delved into it when I had to expand my network from 192.168.0.0/24 to something bigger back in 2002 and chose /23. I think people used to call it supernetting. I really wasn't sure till I manually added a 192.168.0.255 IP to a host. That was bizarre !! I was like, that just ain't right icon_rolleyes.gif I was sure that inspite of everything, it may not work. Like probably skip that IP and go to the next one.
  • Options
    mikeybinecmikeybinec Member Posts: 484 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Agree with you on the subnetting--I can do it in my head by just thinking block sizes and the position in belongs in the octet. I'm on the verge of taking ICND2..It's just some of the Boson test exam questions throw junk that I am 99% sure doesn't belong in ICND2.
    Cisco NetAcad Cuyamaca College
    A.S. LAN Management 2010 Grossmont College
    B.S. I.T. Management 2013 National University