Options

Just Passed the ICND2!

zholling10zholling10 Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
After passing the ICND1 back in October, I just passed the ICND2 today with a 1000/1000. If I can do it, so can you! icon_cheers.gif

Comments

• Options
    tuleeohtuleeoh Member Posts: 78 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Wow perfect score!! Congratulations man!! Well done.
  • Options
    Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats newly minted CCNA!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    alias454alias454 Member Posts: 648 ■■■■□□□□□□
    That's awesome, Would you recommend taking both tests separately or the composite exam? In taking the two tests, how much overlapp in information is there? The only reason I ask is because I have been waffling on the composite or the two test route.

Regards,
    “I do not seek answers, but rather to understand the question.”
  • Options
    I liked doing the two test route just because I was able to separate topics and really focus on each test respectively. Even though you are paying for 2 tests, I feel like you can focus on one, then once you pass you can focus on the other. There didn't seem to be much of an overlap. I also thought taking the two test route helped me pass the ICND2 easier because I knew what to expect coming into a Cisco exam having already taking the ICND1. But I have heard some people like taking the one test route. Its all a matter of preference.
  • Options
    bhekinbhekin Member Posts: 22 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations zholling10,

I'm planning to take my ICND2 in January 2015. Please advise if there was any Subnetting on the exam.

I checked the Exam Objectives on the Cisco website and I didn't see them. I just want to make sure so that I don't put much effort into studying it.
  • Options
    RynoRRynoR Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
  • Options
    kianmkianm Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    bhekin,

There wasn't subnetting like there was in the ICND1 but you should understand subnetting enough to pass the ICND2.
  • Options
    koz24koz24 Member Posts: 766 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Nice score, congrats man! icon_cheers.gif
  • Options
    koz24koz24 Member Posts: 766 ■■■■□□□□□□
    BTW, what resources did you use?
  • Options
    koz24,

I used Todd Lammle's CCNA book which includes flashcards, labs, questions, vocab, anything you can think of really. It also had a few MicroNuggets in the book from CBT Nuggets so I would watch those. I also was doing this for a senior project at college so I had access to live equipment in some of my networking classes as well as plenty of PacketTracer labs that students in the past created to help others pass the CCNA. I also would create my own simulations and practice that way. As well as get with a study group and work out simulations together that helped. And I also volunteered as a Networking Tutor on my college campus to help beginning networking students with their material so that forced me to be on top of my game. I also downloaded a subnetting app on my phone to practice subnetting whenever I could.

I know that's a lot but I just wanted to be sure I covered everything.
  • Options
    CheebahawkCheebahawk Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!! I plan on taking my ICND2 in January 2015 as well.
    2015 Goals: CCNA: Security [Scrapped(210-260)] CCNP Switch [ ] Route [ ] Tshoot [ ]
  • Options
    PCHoldmannPCHoldmann Member Posts: 450
    Congrats! Any plans to pursue the CCNP?
    There's no place like ^$
    Visit me at Route, Switch, Blog
  • Options
    Maybe eventually. I actually took a job doing software development after I graduate but I am wanting to get into the networking field once I can. So maybe a little down the road.
  • Options
    crazboy84crazboy84 Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
    do seperate tests, the combined is sooo much harder to study for.
  • Options
    tachyon62tachyon62 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Awesome Score Great Job!!!!