Options

Voucher for VMWare DCV-VCA?

Red_DragonRed_Dragon Member Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
Recently, I've decided that I want to start moving in to the Virtualization/Cloud aspect of the certification world and was wondering if anyone knows if there are any vouchers currently for the DCA-VCA?

I don't have any problems paying the money, but most of the people who I've seen post on this site who took this exam stated that they paid either $60 or $80 so I'm not sure if the $150 for this cert is worth it, and I don't mind waiting. Does anyone have any suggestions?
BSIT: Bachelors of Science in Information Technology

Comments

• Options
    iBrokeITiBrokeIT Member Posts: 1,318 ■■■■■■■■■□
    The VCA level exams are fairly new and VMware was offering 100% off and then 50% off exam cost while they were being introduced. Those promotions have since expired. The only active VMware promotions can be found here: VMware Training & Certification Promotions (Global)
    2019: GPEN | GCFE | GXPN | GICSP | CySA+ 
    2020: GCIP | GCIA 
    2021: GRID | GDSA | Pentest+ 
    2022: GMON | GDAT
    2023: GREM  | GSE | GCFA

WGU BS IT-NA | SANS Grad Cert: PT&EH | SANS Grad Cert: ICS Security | SANS Grad Cert: Cyber Defense Ops SANS Grad Cert: Incident Response
  • Options
    iBrokeIT wrote: »
    The VCA level exams are fairly new and VMware was offering 100% off and then 50% off exam cost while they were being introduced. Those promotions have since expired. The only active VMware promotions can be found here: VMware Training & Certification Promotions (Global)

Yeah, I was reading that they use to be free. Unfortunately, I was content with where I was cert wise at that time and stopped coming to this site, but now it's time to grind back and continue learning. Oh well, If I have to pay I have to pay, I appreciate the response man.
  • Options
    iBrokeITiBrokeIT Member Posts: 1,318 ■■■■■■■■■□
    If money is tight I would say skip the cert, it currently currently has very little name recognition and therefore probably not worth the return on investment. I would still recommend the FREE online course for it though: VMware Data Center Virtualization Fundamentals

If you are still interested in moving forward with learning visualization I recommend signing up for the Stanly course, buying the Scott Lowe book and building a cheap nested home lab.
    2019: GPEN | GCFE | GXPN | GICSP | CySA+ 
    2020: GCIP | GCIA 
    2021: GRID | GDSA | Pentest+ 
    2022: GMON | GDAT
    2023: GREM  | GSE | GCFA

WGU BS IT-NA | SANS Grad Cert: PT&EH | SANS Grad Cert: ICS Security | SANS Grad Cert: Cyber Defense Ops SANS Grad Cert: Incident Response
  • Options
    lsud00dlsud00d Member Posts: 1,571
    Yeah, I wouldn't recommend paying for the VCA-DCV. I only did it because it was free (at the time) and it was essentially a sales course.

But--a very interesting note is that it does give you something related to VMware and a lot of people probably see the VMware certs as alphabet soup so there's that.
  • Options
    lsud00d wrote: »
    Yeah, I wouldn't recommend paying for the VCA-DCV. I only did it because it was free (at the time) and it was essentially a sales course.

But--a very interesting note is that it does give you something related to VMware and a lot of people probably see the VMware certs as alphabet soup so there's that.

Yeah, that's one of the big appeals.

Most Recruiters don't realize that these entry level certs have little weight but once they see VMWare it'll get you a call.

I'll also take a look at the Stanley course, thanks a bunch.
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I only did them because they were part of free training lol.. The real ones to make a jump are the VCP certs. ;)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    dacetodaceto Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I have a 50% code through my vmug membership. You can have it but you need to take the test before the end of the year. PM me if interested.
  • Options
    PM Sent ;)

Thanks for the advice guys.
  • Options
    GollumiastyGollumiasty Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi,Also I am looking for a discount on the exam. I signed up for VMUG but must pay a fee of 200$
  • Options
    What a way to start the New Years, I passed the exam today ;)

I was shocked to find out that I scored a 300 out of 300 which is crazy because when I was taking the exam I was thinking in my head that I scored in the 400+ range.

I wanna give a big shout out to daceto who gave me that Promo code I'm really happy with the generosity you showed, thank you so much my friend :)
  • Options
    joelsfoodjoelsfood Member Posts: 1,027 ■■■■■■□□□□
  • Options
    Thanks Joel!

I want to tackle the VCA-Cloud next, but I'm going to wait for another Promotion code.

I'll have to study a little thoroughly for this because a lot of people that took this test said despite it being entry-level it was surprisingly difficult compared to VCA-DCV.