Options

ISSO job need your advice

itdaddyitdaddy Member Posts: 2,089 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hi guys don't laugh at me (hahha or pick on me too much) but I am for sure like 95% I am going to get this job as an ISSO (Info Security Officer/Analyst). The pay is good better than what I get as a network engineer and maybe later advancement in my career. I still get to do network engineering and systems stuff but can you give me advice on this job to be the best I can be without getting fired. I am kind of nervous what do they expect of me because I do not feel I can stop all attacks I think any attack is a matter of time not if! Can you give me any wisdom so I don't screw the job up. Thanks men and women!

Comments

• Options
    broli720broli720 Member Posts: 394 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I thought you wanted to be more technical hence why you went into this current network engineering role. ISSO is not a technical position. I would know because I am one...only reason I get to do any networking is because of my role on the corporate networking team.
  • Options
    broli720
    what I have to do is test failover for Disaster recovery I have to be involved with steps to recover in case of disaster.I have to make sure it works.I am soley responsible for DR and contingency not only security awareness. It pays really good and benefits are great and nice area for my family.
  • Options
    broli720broli720 Member Posts: 394 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I would run through the CISSP material. The BCP and DR section go into plenty of detail on this. I suggest Eric Conrad's CISSP Study guide. Best way is really to learn on the job but being informed before hand will help you a bunch.
  • Options
    thank you my friend..I have been an IT Manager and have done a lot of it but just want to make sure I do a good job for my next employer. thank you bro