Options

College classes are done for the semester now its time to tackle the CCENT again!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior MemberPosts: 0 ■■□□□□□□□□
Now that my college classes are done with, now its time to tackle the CCENT/CCNA! I plan on taking the CCENT by Jan 9 before my last semester starts. Any advice to get this done with by then. I took it previously with an 801 so I am fairly familiar with the exam setup subnetting etc. It is just more of a time concern. I have tons of time since I have no classes so I don't think that is a problem. With me luck!

Comments

• Options
    Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Good Luck. My only suggestion would be to try and find an additional reference. i.e. If you read Odem then try Lammele. Sometimes a different author helps but also you won't be reading the same thing again. Since you did very well the first time you probably just need to lab it up to keep the concepts fresh in your mind.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks Jon_Cisco. I have read both Odom and Lammle books. I don't like their style of teaching. I like Paul Browning. He gets right to the point no bs in between. I don't need an entire chapter how to use a USB to serial adapter and connecting to a Cisco router (like Odom does). Lammle can't keep me reading and wanting to engage in the material. The CCNA in 60 days seems to work the best for me. My plan is to get my entire CCENT before I go back to school then hit up ICND2 while finishing my degree then hit up the Linux+ and Server+. With all of those certs + degree + my work experience I should be in good shape for a decent paying job. I feel bad for all the people at my university and people I went to high school with majoring in Sociology, Psychology etc. The nerds are finally having their revenge. Technology will take over the world and so will we!!!! HAHA.
  • Options
    Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Keep in mind that it's often a single nerd supporting 100+ psychology majors in any given building.

Sounds like you got a good plan in place. GL on the next test.
  • Options
    tuleeohtuleeoh Member Posts: 78 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good luck man!!! Take practice tests, make sure you ca pass them, think positive and ace CCENT this time :D