Options

Top Bootcamp Vendors?

ArabianKnightArabianKnight Member Posts: 278 ■■■□□□□□□□
I have been looking into some bootcamps lately, specifically ones that offer a wide range of various security related training. Some ones I found that appeared to look good are: Art of Exploitation, TrainACE, InfosecInstitute, SecureNinja and TrainingCamp. I know there are others, what are your experiences with them. Do you know of any that accept the Post 9/11 GI Bill? I am not looking to earn a quick certification but really learn the material(in addition to self-study of-course) for those non-cert courses. What has the best, most knowledgeable instructors?

Comments

• Options
    IIIMasterIIIMaster Member Posts: 238 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I have never used them but I have research them. They are primarily for the experience user or someone who is near the end of his studies. Most bootcamps will not advise newbies to attend since your going to cover the whole curriculum within 3-5 days.
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    I am not looking to earn a quick certification but really learn the material(in addition to self-study of-course) for those non-cert courses.

If that is your goal boot camps are not what you should be looking at honestly.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    yeah yeahyeah yeah Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Boot Camps are mainly geared for those that are trying to get a certification. They cover a lot of material, but the target audience is for those trying to get a cert (or the job is making them TRY to get a cert). All the vendors you've listed are good, but again, they're boot camps. Just like exercise boot camps, their main goal is to get you in shape / lose weight / etc, not trying to teach you the basics.

The ones you listed, they all accept Post 9/11 GI Bill.

edit. SecureNinja offers a number of courses that aren't cert related and just provides training.