Options

Boson CCENT practice exam

bradl3yCbradl3yC Member Posts: 67 ■■■□□□□□□□
Does the Boson CCENT practice exam questions include any of the simulations?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    koz24koz24 Member Posts: 766 ■■■■□□□□□□
    It does. I don't remember exactly how many off the top of my head, but it has quite a few sims in the 2 exams
  • Options
    spacenoxxspacenoxx Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
    It has almost all except where you are supposed to configure (Router Sim?) and Fill in the blanks.

MC-SA, MC-MA, Testlet, Drag and Drop and Simlet. So yes, if you want a real exam environment Boson is good.
  • Options
    Rehashing an older post of mine..

When would you say is the best time to start using the Boson exams? My fear with practice exams is just memorizing answers and not actually learning the content. Is that a legit concern with this product?
  • Options
    rocdamikerocdamike Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I typically do the Boson practice exams the same week I am scheduled to take the real exam. No, personally I would not worry about memorising the answers. I predominantly use the Boson product in 'study mode'. This way I can see where I went wrong (I then typically amend/update my notes and do a quick lab to make sure I understand the concept in question).
  • Options
    theodoxatheodoxa Member Posts: 1,340 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I wait until I think I'm ready for the real thing. Then, I use the results to figure out what I need to study some more.
    R&S: CCENT CCNA CCNP CCIE [ ]
    Security: CCNA [ ]
    Virtualization: VCA-DCV [ ]
  • Options
    CCIE Wanna BeCCIE Wanna Be Member Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I used Boson practice test and sim for my CCENT and currently for my CCNA. I personally used the test ( I think you get three unique versions in the EX-Max variant) to check my progress at my self-imposed "milestones", i.e. after I finished the OCG, after I finished the video lessons (Bryant in my case), and after I finished practice labs; it provided a way to spread the test out and gave me an opportunity to brush up on my weak areas before the real thing.
    In Progress:
    WGU B.S. - I.T. - Security (and all the certs that come with it)
  • Options
    tuleeohtuleeoh Member Posts: 78 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'd say wait until you have studied all the material (I watched a video series and read ocg books) and feel like you are ready for the real thing, then start with Boson. That was my approach. Boson really helped me improve my weak areas.

Also, don't just take the tests over and over again and memorize it. For every question, really think about why a specific answer is the correct answer and why is not. Don't just answer it because you saw it before. Good luck!!
  • Options
    ssnyderu2ssnyderu2 Member Posts: 475 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Are the Boson practice exams a good representation of what you might see on the real exam?
    2019 Goals: 70-698, CCENT, MCSA 2016
    Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, CIW Foundations and MTA OS Fundamentals
    Cisco Lab :3x Cisco 2811 Routers, 3x Cisco 3750 Switches and Cisco 2620 Router with NM-32A module
    Windows Lab: Dual CPU Hyper-V server with 12 Cores/24 Threads, 96GB RAM and 2TB HDD.
    CANCER SURVIVOR! In Remission Since September 2016!
  • Options
    ssnyderu2 wrote: »
    Are the Boson practice exams a good representation of what you might see on the real exam?

I personally thought Boson was a little harder than the real exam. I think it's because some questions on Boson can get really detailed - which is a good thing. Overprepare > failing.
  • Options
    santanacsantanac Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Are you guys talking about the NetSim or the ExSim-Max?
  • Options
    theodoxatheodoxa Member Posts: 1,340 ■■■■□□□□□□
    santanac wrote: »
    Are you guys talking about the NetSim or the ExSim-Max?

ExSim-Max
    R&S: CCENT CCNA CCNP CCIE [ ]
    Security: CCNA [ ]
    Virtualization: VCA-DCV [ ]
  • Options
    theodoxa wrote: »
    ExSim-Max

Just purchased it.. Found a 25% off code on RetailMeNot. Woo!
  • Options
    ssnyderu2ssnyderu2 Member Posts: 475 ■■■□□□□□□□
    tuleeoh wrote: »
    I personally thought Boson was a little harder than the real exam. I think it's because some questions on Boson can get really detailed - which is a good thing. Overprepare > failing.

That is good to know. Sounds like I will have a better experience that I had with Microsoft practice test.
    2019 Goals: 70-698, CCENT, MCSA 2016
    Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, CIW Foundations and MTA OS Fundamentals
    Cisco Lab :3x Cisco 2811 Routers, 3x Cisco 3750 Switches and Cisco 2620 Router with NM-32A module
    Windows Lab: Dual CPU Hyper-V server with 12 Cores/24 Threads, 96GB RAM and 2TB HDD.
    CANCER SURVIVOR! In Remission Since September 2016!
  • Options
    santanacsantanac Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    bradl3yC wrote: »

Nice!! Thanks for the heads up
  • Options
    bradl3yC wrote: »

I was about to purchase it for 640-554 (security) and I'm glad I came here first... You just saved me $25 sir, and for that I THANK YOU!! =]

Happy studying!!